The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

10 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Boydy, Jones, Broadfoot, Taylor for my player of the year shortlist.

Need to find space for Mulumbu, Brophy and Power in there as well!

As an Accies fan is your inclusion of Brophy a personal one or do you think most Kilmarnock fans would agree with you ?

13 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Boydy, Jones, Broadfoot, Taylor for my player of the year shortlist.

Need to find space for Mulumbu, Brophy and Power in there as well!

Even with that list you've made, you can make arguments for S(G)OD and MacDonald to win it, let alone be nominated. 

1 minute ago, BlueKillie said:

Can we just give them all player of the season? Much easier :thumsup2

There might actually be a case for a collective award, post the appointment of Clarke and reading match threads on here I haven't heard much negativity about any of your players. If the fans feel that all the players are playing full pelt maybe a collective award would be appropriate . Obviously not all the players have played at 100% on every appearance, but from what I have read the players have maintained high levels of both individual and collective performances, which has resulted in the feel good factor returning to RP.

1 hour ago, BlueKillie said:

I know there are loads of contenders this year for our Player of the Season, but to me it's Kirk Broadfoot. Consistently been one of the best players every game so far under Clarke.

Can't believe I'm even saying that after his first 8 or so games of the season.

Got to say I find that incredible and it’s hard not to admire hugely the work done by Clarke, and in this case Broadfoot.

Earlier in the season under ‘Jig’, Broadfoot put in one of the most hilariously bad displays I’d seen from an opposition player for some time at Fir Park, infact I’ve hardly seen him be anything other than a complete diddy when it came to Fir Park performances.

Some turnaround, doff of the cap. 

As an Accies fan is your inclusion of Brophy a personal one or do you think most Kilmarnock fans would agree with you ?

I’d defo agree that Brophy has been a revelation under Clarke! However, every single player of ours that sentence could be said for in all honesty!

11 minutes ago, theProdigy said:

I’d defo agree that Brophy has been a revelation under Clarke! However, every single player of ours that sentence could be said for in all honesty!

That was maybe why I asked dumpweed if it was only his opinion, I haven't seen Kilmarnock since Clarke took control.

im looking forward to our upcoming 2 fixtures to see for myself the level of improvement Kilmarnock have made under Clarke.

That was maybe why I asked dumpweed if it was only his opinion, I haven't seen Kilmarnock since Clarke took control.
im looking forward to our upcoming 2 fixtures to see for myself the level of improvement Kilmarnock have made under Clarke.

I’m enjoying watching the team, the way we have been playing is very entertaining... And the results make it even better haha

1 minute ago, theProdigy said:

I’m enjoying watching the team, the way we have been playing is very entertaining... And the results make it even better haha

The results are ultimately what matters, obviously if it is achieved with a degree of style even better.

Tweeted from Billy Bowie tonight....

"Steve will be with us next season ! Thanks Hugh"

With a link to superscoreboard.

Now the rest of the MSM in Scotland can go f**k themselves & go about their business making up more ficticious sh!te #WeAreKillie

4 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Most of us would agree.  I think Brophy would certainly be in the running for "Shock Player of the Year" as nobody expected really anything from him.

5 hours ago, happyaccie said:

I think if you asked any Killie fan you would be told that everybody has been great (bar Erwin and Tshibola). Erwin has been on fire in training and Tshibola isn't fit so a bit unfair on both of them.

Brophy is just such an excellent worker. Was he known for this at accies?

He is a greedy wee shit who will shoot on sight but the be fair, almost every shot he has is on target. 

50 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Most of us would agree.  I think Brophy would certainly be in the running for "Shock Player of the Year" as nobody expected really anything from him.

Being honest dindy I always rated him , but something obviously went wrong in his last year at the club, tbf to the guy he seems to have found a footballing home at RP. I wish him all the best for the future.

Brophy is a cracking wee player, he's bulked up significantly since he left Accies.

He reminds me of a young version of Leigh Griffiths, has decent pace, strength to hold off defenders & will shoot from almost anywhere on the pitch.

I must admit when we signed him I was a bit meh.... But he's quickly won over most of our fans.

30 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

I think if you asked any Killie fan you would be told that everybody has been great (bar Erwin and Tshibola). Erwin has been on fire in training and Tshibola isn't fit so a bit unfair on both of them.

Brophy is just such an excellent worker. Was he known for this at accies?

He is a greedy wee shit who will shoot on sight but the be fair, almost every shot he has is on target. 

His work rate was never in doubt as long as it was in an offensive role, don't think he was actually asked to track back in the way I have witnessed in highlights from Kilmarnock games. I know him and Canning clashed a lot, I think that was Brophy showing his eagerness to establish himself which he felt Canning was denying him, all in all I think everyone has won here,Canning offloaded in his mind a disruptive player and Kilmarnock have signed a player who has fitted in well.

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Brophy is a cracking wee player, he's bulked up significantly since he left Accies.

He reminds me of a young version of Leigh Griffiths, has decent pace, strength to hold off defenders & will shoot from almost anywhere on the pitch.

I must admit when we signed him I was a bit meh.... But he's quickly won over most of our fans.

I think its purely because he shoots from everywhere but he reminds me of Tommy Johnson.

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Part one has been very noticeable, he was of slight build whilst with us,

vice versa I don't think many Accies fans questioned not trying to retain him.

Got to say I find that incredible and it’s hard not to admire hugely the work done by Clarke, and in this case Broadfoot.
Earlier in the season under ‘Jig’, Broadfoot put in one of the most hilariously bad displays I’d seen from an opposition player for some time at Fir Park, infact I’ve hardly seen him be anything other than a complete diddy when it came to Fir Park performances.
Some turnaround, doff of the cap. 
Broadfoot, for example, could have played in his slippers on Saturday, with a cigar n brandy in hand at Ibrox.

The change in him under Clarke is astonishing. He's gotta be one of the first players on SC's teamsheet every week. Pity he's suspended against Accies on the 31st & will be sorely missed tbh.

Broadfoot, for example, could have played in his slippers on Saturday, with a cigar n brandy in hand at Ibrox.

The change in him under Clarke is astonishing. He's gotta be one of the first players on SC's teamsheet every week. Pity he's suspended against Accies on the 31st & will be sorely missed tbh.

His distribution is getting a lot better too. There was a time when he got the ball all he did was launch it at Boydies head.