The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

We get about 10% of the population of the town watching us each home game. That said, not all of he 4,000 or whatever live/come from Killie.
I'm born and bread North Ayrshire and we pull a lot of fans from Irvine, Saltcoats etc.
Accies is one I can't figure out, there's been games recently when we've been there when we've had a similar crowd in our end as Accies have in the home end. I know Accies give away a lot of tickets etc but locals still can't be arsed.
As you say, we've a dormant support. It's starting to waken though (5k midweek vs Hibs etc) but Accies don't seem to have that. Even the Hibs play off game your support was tiny home and away. We played Hibs the week before in a game that wasn't even a play off and had the guts of 3,000 through in Edinburgh for a 1pm kick off.
Feel sorry for those who go each week, much be infuriating as Hamilton has a decent catchment area albeit close to Glasgow like us.

It makes me sick. I was born and raised in Ayrshire yet I am the only Killie fan in my group of friends. The rest Rangers and probably only 5 or 6 have even been to Ibrox. Pisses me off big time.
I live in Fife now but travel down for every home game and get to as many away games as I can.
I believe everyone should support their local team and not just follow the winners. Pisses me off.
I even go to Starks Park when Killie aren’t playing.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We get about 10% of the population of the town watching us each home game. That said, not all of he 4,000 or whatever live/come from Killie.

I'm born and bread North Ayrshire and we pull a lot of fans from Irvine, Saltcoats etc.

Accies is one I can't figure out, there's been games recently when we've been there when we've had a similar crowd in our end as Accies have in the home end. I know Accies give away a lot of tickets etc but locals still can't be arsed.

As you say, we've a dormant support. It's starting to waken though (5k midweek vs Hibs etc) but Accies don't seem to have that. Even the Hibs play off game your support was tiny home and away. We played Hibs the week before in a game that wasn't even a play off and had the guts of 3,000 through in Edinburgh for a 1pm kick off.

Feel sorry for those who go each week, much be infuriating as Hamilton has a decent catchment area albeit close to Glasgow like us.

We have a core base of 1,300-1,500 home support our away support is abysmal 100-200 the norm, we are heavily afflicted wth locals heading uinto Glasgow to watch the 2 sets of filth. The club have over the years tried many ways to increase the fan base, locals have shown no interest in having an allegiance with the club.

16 hours ago, RabG1869 said:

It makes me sick. I was born and raised in Ayrshire yet I am the only Killie fan in my group of friends. The rest Rangers and probably only 5 or 6 have even been to Ibrox. Pisses me off big time.

Get some new friends.

Hi lads, I'm here to ask about your former overlord Michael Johnston. I know you all hate him, but I didn't realise that back in the day, he was vying to buy Dundee from Ron Dixon but was laughed off by Dixon (Which is no mean feat for the guy that wanted to build a super Derry, installed a dog track and wanted to put an ice rink in the stadium) and thus we were sold to The Marrs. (What crook haven't Dundee been linked with in Scottish football, amirite?!?)

When did he get involved with you lot and what was his purpose, like why did he get involved? I know he always had OF leanings, but who were his club team? I know very little about him, I must admit, other than that you lot hate him, but didn't realise he once tried to take us over.

Thanks for any responses in advance!

I hadn't realised that Eamon Brophy was almost as prolific in front of goal as Kris Boyd this season. He's become a very important player for us with a goal every 147 mins played compared to Boyd's 1 goal in every 140 mins played......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/kilmarnock/top-scorers

Lads need help here. What were the lyrics to the song the day? The one that has the clap, mentions rugby park and rangers have version of. Again the wee man wants to sit front row so couldn’t hear it right. Cheers

6 minutes ago, RabG1869 said:

Lads need help here. What were the lyrics to the song the day? The one that has the clap, mentions rugby park and rangers have version of. Again the wee man wants to sit front row so couldn’t hear it right. Cheers

"Now we've found our leader,  His name is Stevie Clarke, You'll never take the Killie, The boys from Rugby Park"

Edited by BlueKillie

13 hours ago, RabG1869 said:

Lifted from SquirrelHumper on the kickback forum:

The past few years we've suffered, crowds have dwindled through the years, always fighting relegation has only brought along more fears, but now we have our leader, his name is stevie Clarke, you'll never take the killie, the boys from rugby park. 

3 hours ago, Coooombe said:

Lifted from SquirrelHumper on the kickback forum:

The past few years we've suffered, crowds have dwindled through the years, always fighting relegation has only brought along more fears, but now we have our leader, his name is stevie Clarke, you'll never take the killie, the boys from rugby park. 

What’s the tune?