The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

As I said on the matchday thread, that's the first time we've won 7 at home on the bounce since season 79/80.

A mark of how far we've come under Lord Steve, bearing in mind we couldnt' buy a win at home not so long ago.

Announce a 17 year contract, Killie.

Still can't get away with last night's performance you know.  I was lying awake in bed still absolutely buzzing at about 1am. 

When you think of the shit that the club's been through in the last five years, the fact that we're now sitting level with sixth with a couple of games in hand, we've got the best manager in Scotland, one of the best players in Scotland, the top scorer in the Premiership, we've beaten Rangers, beaten Celtic, won 7 at home on the spin, we're in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup, and last night won probably the most dramatic game you'll find in Scotland this season.  It's fucking cinematic.

After the Ross County game, as ancientnoise was saying above, I really thought it was curtains this year.  We'd become "mainstays of the relegation dogfight" (Michael Stewart) and it looked for all the world that this was the year we'd do a St Mirren and finally succumb.  That was only five months ago, and from that to this.  Amazing.

And everyone has played their part!  We've got an ambitious and innovative chairman, the manager and Alex Dyer have the players playing fantastically well - all of whom have so clearly bought into the manager's vision that results like last night are coming out of absolutely nowhere, and the fans (that are going) have been vociferous and supportive in equal measure.  I've said this on here before though - we NEED more people to get out and watch them.  I can't imagine the number of people that are sitting at home, absolutely delighted at the results the team are collecting...but how do we get them through the turnstiles?...

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Still can't get away with last night's performance you know.  I was lying awake in bed still absolutely buzzing at about 1am. 

When you think of the shit that the club's been through in the last five years, the fact that we're now sitting level with sixth with a couple of games in hand, we've got the best manager in Scotland, one of the best players in Scotland, the top scorer in the Premiership, we've beaten Rangers, beaten Celtic, won 7 at home on the spin, we're in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup, and last night won probably the most dramatic game you'll find in Scotland this season.  It's fucking cinematic.

After the Ross County game, as ancientnoise was saying above, I really thought it was curtains this year.  We'd become "mainstays of the relegation dogfight" (Michael Stewart) and it looked for all the world that this was the year we'd do a St Mirren and finally succumb.  That was only five months ago, and from that to this.  Amazing.

And everyone has played their part!  We've got an ambitious and innovative chairman, the manager and Alex Dyer have the players playing fantastically well - all of whom have so clearly bought into the manager's vision that results like last night are coming out of absolutely nowhere, and the fans (that are going) have been vociferous and supportive in equal measure.  I've said this on here before though - we NEED more people to get out and watch them.  I can't imagine the number of people that are sitting at home, absolutely delighted at the results the team are collecting...but how do we get them through the turnstiles?...

Doing so well until you claimed you had the best manager in Scotland,  by your reckoning all guys employed as managers who have won hee-haw must be considered equal best alongside Clarke.

3 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Doing so well until you claimed you had the best manager in Scotland,  by your reckoning all guys employed as managers who have won hee-haw must be considered equal best alongside Clarke.

By this logic Roberto Di Matteo is one of the best managers in Europe.  Sit down.

8 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

That's a very simplistic view but then again, you are a simpleton so it's to be expected.

Yep. We had been pretty excited all summer and then, starting with the disaster at Somerset, it just got worse and worse culminating in the Ross County home disaster. Even the happiest of happy clappers like me couldn’t see where Lee or Kilmarnock were going other than down the tubes.

So much credit has to go to Billy Bowie and the board for recognising that it wasn’t working and making changes. Credit has to also go to them (and McCulloch too) for getting the players in the summer. Clarke has worked wonders but the recruitment was pretty good. Of course under LMc it didn’t look like it would work but I fancied Kirk and GGG to fit in.

After the County home game we had 3 points from 8 games. We sit on 26 points from 22 games today. 23 points from 14 games of which 8 were against the top 4 in the league. Incredible turnaround.
McCulloch best signing has to be SOD, 10x the player who arrived, now one of the best RB's in our league.

49 minutes ago, Estragon said:

By this logic Roberto Di Matteo is one of the best managers in Europe.  Sit down.

Not very good at this are you Di Matteo won the  Champions  League.

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's a very simplistic view but then again, you are a simpleton so it's to be expected.

Realistic view ya fanny it's something killie Bois can't comprehend.

Happyaccie is the Gordon Sawers of Hamilton: a braying buffoon who despite all the evidence to the contrary and all the quiet words of advice offered in good faith is still living under the misapprehension that anyone is interested in the incessant, slevering pish he continually inflicts on everyone else.

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

Realistic view ya fanny it's something killie Bois can't comprehend.

His patter is so hopeless that he's not even shite in a funny way, he's just the recurring pile that appears in otherwise decent threads. 

The guy's not even happy, for f**k sake.

49 minutes ago, Killie Zenit said:

Happyaccie is the Gordon Sawers of Hamilton: a braying buffoon who despite all the evidence to the contrary and all the quiet words of advice offered in good faith is still living under the misapprehension that anyone is interested in the incessant, slevering pish he continually inflicts on everyone else.

His patter is so hopeless that he's not even shite in a funny way, he's just the recurring pile that appears in otherwise decent threads. 

The guy's not even happy, for f**k sake.

Oh trust me I'm f****** ecstatic I don't support the pishy team you do.

31 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Talk us through the greatest Hamilton games in their history you've been at,
Actually don't

You asked the question I shall answer it, was a pre season friendly against the great Leeds Utd side in the early 70s at the old Douglas Park, still have flash backs of guys like Bremner, Cooper, Sprake, Hunter, Lorimer, Jones, Giles strutting their stuff on our old pitch. 

27 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

You asked the question I shall answer it, was a pre season friendly against the great Leeds Utd side in the early 70s at the old Douglas Park, still have flash backs of guys like Bremner, Cooper, Sprake, Hunter, Lorimer, Jones, Giles strutting their stuff on our old pitch. 

You were about in the 70's?   I assumed you were about 15.  FFS.

36 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Pre season friendly :thumsup2