The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

14 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Major Kilmarnock shareholder Billy Bowie says he has no desire for a high profile, and that Rugby Park's artificial surface will be replaced by grass for the start of the 2019/20 season. (The Times)

That'll keep brother Brendon happy then, although he'll have left by then.

8 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Today's result means that this is the first time Kilmarnock have recorded six consecutive home wins in my lifetime.

Apparently 83/84 was the last time - anybody know when we last managed seven in a row?

We won 6 in a row at Rugby Park from August-October 2000.  The last time we did 7 in a row was 1979/80.

It’s too good to be true... the love for Killie at the mo is unbelievable.

Uncharted territory for me at the moment, looking forward to my next wholehearted half-time boo.

Thought I was getting it today, disappointing.

Tell you something Estragon. I walked out of RP after Ross beat us 2-0 at RP and there wasn't even a whimper from the crowd. The Killie boys so low that they couldn't even be bothered booing. There was an acceptance that we were shite. 
I started thinking about the away grounds I would go to in the league below. 
You remember that too. A culmination of years of struggle and finally we had a team that seemed we'd given up.
Now? I don't have the words to explain what has happened since. It's mesmerising.

I remember that feeling too it was like a funeral procession. Tonight everyone was buzzing coming out at the Rugby Road end, the chatter the laughing and happiness was everywhere. What a contrast, unbelievable.

42 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

I walked out of RP after Ross beat us 2-0 at RP and there wasn't even a whimper from the crowd.

The Killie boys so low that they couldn't even be bothered booing.

There was an acceptance that we were shite. 

I was in Melbourne that day and was so cheesed off after that result and believed then relegation was inevitable this season.  

I returned home just before the game at Patrick and it has been amazing ever since.  The buzz from watching this Killie team since Clarke took over is brilliant and for the first time in a good number of years it is fun again watching Killie.

I keep thinking that it's all going to stop and we'll go back to the normality of being completely and utterly dross. But just when I start to think that they go and do something like this. Yes, there will be disappointing moments along the way. Yes, defeats will happen. But since the Partick Thistle game at Firhill the highs have by far outnumbered the almost constant lows of the previous four seasons. Who knows what depths we'd currently be plummeting to without the man in charge and the board who pushed the boat out to get him?

I absolutely love Kilmarnock F.C. and I never ever want this to end. 

Tell you something Estragon. I walked out of RP after Ross beat us 2-0 at RP and there wasn't even a whimper from the crowd. The Killie boys so low that they couldn't even be bothered booing. There was an acceptance that we were shite. 
I started thinking about the away grounds I would go to in the league below. 
You remember that too. A culmination of years of struggle and finally we had a team that seemed we'd given up.
Now? I don't have the words to explain what has happened since. It's mesmerising.

Yep. We had been pretty excited all summer and then, starting with the disaster at Somerset, it just got worse and worse culminating in the Ross County home disaster. Even the happiest of happy clappers like me couldn’t see where Lee or Kilmarnock were going other than down the tubes.

So much credit has to go to Billy Bowie and the board for recognising that it wasn’t working and making changes. Credit has to also go to them (and McCulloch too) for getting the players in the summer. Clarke has worked wonders but the recruitment was pretty good. Of course under LMc it didn’t look like it would work but I fancied Kirk and GGG to fit in.

After the County home game we had 3 points from 8 games. We sit on 26 points from 22 games today. 23 points from 14 games of which 8 were against the top 4 in the league. Incredible turnaround.