The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

37 minutes ago, killienick said:
2 hours ago, Fide said:
Man I fucking despise Rangers fans.

I hate fans of new Rangers more than I hated fans of the old version.

2 cheeks of the same arse. 

Had one muppet today saying that the offer for Jones was a good one, based solely on what we currently pay him.  

5 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

2 cheeks of the same arse. 

Had one muppet today saying that the offer for Jones was a good one, based solely on what we currently pay him.  

I had that shite line as well.

The same Sevco fan told me that the player holds all the power in this situation.  He didn't seem to grasp that Jones is under contract, unless another club meets our valuation of the player.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bennett forgetting when Rangers ran to the papers about how we were "holding them to ransom" by asking for over £100k when they wanted O'Halloran, I assume. 

If/when JJ goes to Rangers he will end up the exact same as O'Halloran - few games here and there but will ultimately end back at Killie in a year or so, probably on loan.

4 hours ago, Fide said:

The same Sevco fan told me that the player holds all the power in this situation.  He didn't seem to grasp that Jones is under contract, unless another club meets our valuation of the player.

The guy also thought Jones was out of contract this summer and couldn't offer any alternative argument when I said he was under contract for another 18 months. 

They think they have a divine right to buy anyone for whatever ridiculous price they initially offer. 

TBH I am not convinced Jones is that great - he does stretch defences but too often there is no end product - a bit like Tope, Who incidentally scored more goals for us.  His performance at Easter Road was a disgrace - he rarely took on Ambrose and would run along side players rather than tackle them.  I have always thought he is a bit of a shitebag when it comes to tackling - no heart and is feart. 

The guy also thought Jones was out of contract this summer and couldn't offer any alternative argument when I said he was under contract for another 18 months. 
They think they have a divine right to buy anyone for whatever ridiculous price they initially offer. 
TBH I am not convinced Jones is that great - he does stretch defences but too often there is no end product - a bit like Tope, Who incidentally scored more goals for us.  His performance at Easter Road was a disgrace - he rarely took on Ambrose and would run along side players rather than tackle them.  I have always thought he is a bit of a shitebag when it comes to tackling - no heart and is feart. 

Shhhh! You say those things after the cheque has cleared.

I agree. He’s not the full product yet. Seems to have a habit of playing passes short or taking to many touches and loses it. He was terrible at hibs but tbf he never plays bad. Just isn’t that good.....yet

The St Johnstone boss, who is looking to secure Danny Swanson for a third time, is a long-time admirer of former Scotland under-21 cap McKenzie and Courier Sport understands talks to lure the 24-year-old winger away from Rugby Park in the summer are at an advanced stage. And, if the deal can be concluded, Saints will then test the water with Killie about securing McKenzie this month.

I can't actually believe how much drama the Sevco bid has caused on both sides.  They are 100% correct to bid what they feel is acceptable for the player and its good business practice to bid a little bit less than you actually want to pay.

By the same token we are 100% correct to reject any bid that we don't think is acceptable and its good practice for us to ask for a bit more than we probably expect to be paid.

The various heads-gone from some fans of both clubs has been quite funny to watch.

Regarding JJ - A couple of months ago he was our only hope.  Now he is another of our best players in what is developing into a good team.  I'm not going to suddenly say he is a bad player but I won't be losing any sleep if he does go.

1 minute ago, Brian Mcculloch Glasgow said:

The St Johnstone boss, who is looking to secure Danny Swanson for a third time, is a long-time admirer of former Scotland under-21 cap McKenzie and Courier Sport understands talks to lure the 24-year-old winger away from Rugby Park in the summer are at an advanced stage. And, if the deal can be concluded, Saints will then test the water with Killie about securing McKenzie this month.

Did you hear about that boat that sunk Brian?

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I can't actually believe how much drama the Sevco bid has caused on both sides.  They are 100% correct to bid what they feel is acceptable for the player and its good business practice to bid a little bit less than you actually want to pay.

By the same token we are 100% correct to reject any bid that we don't think is acceptable and its good practice for us to ask for a bit more than we probably expect to be paid.

The various heads-gone from some fans of both clubs has been quite funny to watch.

Regarding JJ - A couple of months ago he was our only hope.  Now he is another of our best players in what is developing into a good team.  I'm not going to suddenly say he is a bad player but I won't be losing any sleep if he does go.

Don’t think there’s a heads gone approach from the Killie fans just good old laugh and point at sevco , and more ammunition for the banter years 

Appatently 2 guys in on trial, one is the Villa lad Clarke worked with, can't spell it never mind pronounce it lol. No idea who the other is.

Edit.... It's Aaron Tshibola. Cost Villa £5.3m when they signed him, surely can't be too bad.....

21 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

15 hours ago, Fide said:

This seems to be the new party line for the supporters of the blue bigots. Completely irrelevant to this transfer, or indeed any transfer that's ever happened in the history of football, but one of their own (probably in the media somewhere) has obviously thought it was a fitting thing to say and they've all latched onto it like the bunch of dribbling imbeciles that they are.

Don’t think there’s a heads gone approach from the Killie fans just good old laugh and point at sevco , and more ammunition for the banter years 

There has been from a couple on here and a good few on twitter.