The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any of you lot heard any more about Rory McKenzie to us?

We're apparently "close" to signing a "winger" on a PCA with a chance of bringing them in January, and our best unoffical twitter account is asking Killie fans their opinion of him.

I'm not sure McKenzie is a winger to be honest. Don't get me wrong, he's played there on many occasions for us but he doesn't really beat people and he doesn't use his pace often enough. He also isn't the best at crossing the ball. When wide,  he tends to get lost and cut inside too early rather than stretch the opposition and he doesn't track back well enough for me to protect the full back. He always struck me as a number 10 type player because he tends to get lost if he's used deeper and doesn't know how to drag a midfield up the park, but going through the middle he can score goals or create something. Rory tends to use his pace better through the middle when he doesn't have a static full back to deal with like he would out wide, i.e. when we are counter attacking.

For me, his best games for Killie have come when he's more advanced and either playing one inside or as a number 10.

When he's good, (which is probably 1 or 2 in 10), he's very good. However, in most games he's not bad, just ineffectual.

6 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Rory as others have said is a bit of a marmite player. He gets a fair amount of abuse from the fans but he give 100% some games.  1 in 8 or 9 games he plays great. 

Fixed that for you mate.

6 hours ago, RiG said:

Apologies if I've missed this but I saw an article on the BBC website nothing that Ian McCall was criticising Kilmarnock for refusing a £300,000 offer for JJ from Rangers. McCall doesn't seem to think he is worth that much money. McCall then goes on to say that he has only seen him play once completely undermining his opinion on the guy yet no one seems to have challenged him on this.

Backs up my earlier post about our offer being more than generous.

But it was rejected...

I'm really not sure what all the catterwalling in your support is about this matter. An offer was made, doesn't match the selling club's valuation. Either Rangers make another or they pursue a different target. Either way, this bizarre moralistic rhetoric that has emerged from the Rangers support in this issue, is totally misplaced.

41 minutes ago, Estragon said:

But it was rejected...

I'm really not sure what all the catterwalling in your support is about this matter. An offer was made, doesn't match the selling club's valuation. Either Rangers make another or they pursue a different target. Either way, this bizarre moralistic rhetoric that has emerged from the Rangers support in this issue, is totally misplaced.

The only catterwalling has came from Kilmarnock.

That is simply untrue. It was more point and laugh at the diddyness of your clubs offer.

Oh yeah, we are the diddy club in comparison to Rangers currently aren’t we [emoji23] Losing away and drawing at home really aren’t the best results for “the bigger and better club”

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Yes, exactly.

Ian McCall is the type of dinosaur that has been holding Scottish football back in the 1980's.

Not sure his comments are of any value.

Edited by red23

The only catterwalling has came from Kilmarnock.

Has it really? We'd need to go some to be as petty as this.....

Breaking news.  The Rangers won't let Killie borrow the pitch covers because they won't give ( sorry I mean) sell them JJ for peanuts. 

Bennett forgetting when Rangers ran to the papers about how we were "holding them to ransom" by asking for over £100k when they wanted O'Halloran, I assume.