The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

My guess is its investment via, lifelong Killie fan Kenny Alexander, of GVC holding, who are in the process of bidding for Ladbroke Corals for £3.9bn, looking to invest in the club.

Just a hunch, but exciting news whatever it is thou.....

I hate to say I told you so but........................

.......well I don't know if this is it but it would match up with what I was told a few months ago.

Seen a few people on Twitter claiming that we have rejected around £500,000, which is believed to be below £350,000 with add-ons and causes, from Rangers for Jones. According to a couple of these people, we are looking for around one million pounds for him. 

Given Rangers' financial record and current situation, we'd be mad to accept anything other than a huge lump of cash upfront for JJ.  Even add-ons I'd treat with caution, we'd only end up getting 12p in the pound for them.

13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Boydie has signed a contract extension till the end of season 18/19.

If you had said at the start of the season that Boydie would be getting an extension to his contract. I'm sure that quite a few supporters, me included,  would be extremely disappointed. It just shows how much of an impact Clarke has had on Boyd, that he looks like his old self and re-established himself as one of our key players. 

4 hours ago, Richie95 said:

If you had said at the start of the season that Boydie would be getting an extension to his contract. I'm sure that quite a few supporters, me included,  would be extremely disappointed. It just shows how much of an impact Clarke has had on Boyd, that he looks like his old self and re-established himself as one of our key players. 

Kinda makes me wonder how good Boyd could have been if he had worked with a quality manager at some point earlier in his career?

4 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

And so we should be. I'd also want it transferred immediately, before the player is exchanged. No cash, no deal.

^^^^ think Accies are taking the same approach, if a bid for Docherty is acceptable I would not release the players registration until the cash was paid.

11 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

That bid for Jones should really be in the "Let's All Laugh at Rangers" thread. 

It's simply "testing the water" though. They did the same with Naismith and Boyd and no doubt other examples that fans on here know all about.

Once upon a time they were the Davie Murray, cash-is-no-object, "we'll spend more than Celtic" and so on. That went well eh?

We'll probably state a mill and then let him go for 600-750k. 

The player will get a big wage-hike and be able to play in front of a big crowd (albeit of perma-rage, intolerant ****) and we'll all move on.

There is of course the move south available for Jones. Probably equal or better for his income, and without a massive horde of said intolerant **** baying for his blood when they fail to beat Hamilton (again).

Who's in for Docherty?

The rangers want Docherty too .

I wanted Angelina Jolie for Xmas but she’d be f^*king mad to come anywhere near me 

4 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

That bid for Jones should really be in the "Let's All Laugh at Rangers" thread. 

It's simply "testing the water" though. They did the same with Naismith and Boyd and no doubt other examples that fans on here know all about.

Once upon a time they were the Davie Murray, cash-is-no-object, "we'll spend more than Celtic" and so on. That went well eh?

We'll probably state a mill and then let him go for 600-750k. 

The player will get a big wage-hike and be able to play in front of a big crowd (albeit of perma-rage, intolerant ****) and we'll all move on.

There is of course the move south available for Jones. Probably equal or better for his income, and without a massive horde of said intolerant **** baying for his blood when they fail to beat Hamilton (again).

Who's in for Docherty?

Sevco, Cardiff, Swansea & Millwall only sevco have apparently lodged a derisory bid as we speak but still 2 weeks left of this window, would prefer Docherty to go south than sign for them though.

Sevco, Cardiff, Swansea & Millwall only sevco have apparently lodged a derisory bid as we speak but still 2 weeks left of this window, would prefer Docherty to go south than sign for them though.

Every team would rather have their players move south than sign for them. Let them stick to foreign duds.

2 hours ago, Silvio said:

Some of the chat from Rangers fans on Twitter is tremendous. 

"how can you want £1m for him when you don't pay him as such" 

LOL, whit.

When as the players current wages ever set the transfer value?? 

The brass neck on a lot of that support is unbelievable. One line I saw trotted out was that SC won't let Jones go to Rangers simply because SC hates Rangers. They haven't learned a thing from the past few years - their collective arrogance is astounding when in reality they have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about.

Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it, and that will happen again if they don't change their outlook. However, a fair amount of them are too long in the tooth to ever change their ways, and I'd feel no sympathy for them if the same thing happened again.

1 hour ago, Andy_K_97 said:

The brass neck on a lot of that support is unbelievable. One line I saw trotted out was that SC won't let Jones go to Rangers simply because SC hates Rangers. They haven't learned a thing from the past few years - their collective arrogance is astounding when in reality they have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about.

Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it, and that will happen again if they don't change their outlook. However, a fair amount of them are too long in the tooth to ever change their ways, and I'd feel no sympathy for them if the same thing happened again.

Had a guy at work, say Jones is desperate to sign for Rangers. Plays for Northern Ireland so automatically been a rangers fan all his life. Not as if he's from Middlesbrough. Deluded.