The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

6 hours ago, Fide said:

Merry Krismas!!!

Some buzz eh lads, being a Killie fan just now.  Who knew, after that cow of a start of a season under Jig?

Lots of preseason optimism after the signings we made, wasn't long before it was knocked out us.  Lee McCulloch seemed to be able to sign a decent enough calibre of player (not quite Mulumbu standards, granted) but just didn't seem to be a good motivator or tactician. Pity he didn't get to deputy under Clarke. Sure that would've been an ideal "apprenticeship".

Lots of preseason optimism after the signings we made, wasn't long before it was knocked out us.  Lee McCulloch seemed to be able to sign a decent enough calibre of player (not quite Mulumbu standards, granted) but just didn't seem to be a good motivator or tactician. Pity he didn't get to deputy under Clarke. Sure that would've been an ideal "apprenticeship".
I like McCulloch and have sympathy for him, but clearing the way for Steve Clarke to bring in his own coach was the right decision. A clean break for all parties. I hope Lee goes on to have a good career in management or coaching if that's what he chooses to do.

6 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:
6 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I like McCulloch and have sympathy for him, but clearing the way for Steve Clarke to bring in his own coach was the right decision. A clean break for all parties. I hope Lee goes on to have a good career in management or coaching if that's what he chooses to do.

Exactly how I feel. Couldn't stand him as an opponent during his playing career but he carried himself well as manager and came across really well. Just wasn't quite ready for the job unfortunately. 

On 26/12/2017 at 21:11, C4mmy31 said:

So it appears the gaffer grew up a Killie fan...

dbab73268d777e92f922a896b4857fc5.jpg

When asked, back in 1987, who he grew up supporting he answered Killie.

I wondered who would replace the late Gerard Kelly in city lights if the BBC decide to revive it step forward SC.