The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

16 minutes ago, Topscot said:

You trying to say Killie weren't shite 10 years ago? emoji23.png

You stated we have constantly been down the bottom of the league in your lifetime. I count 7 top half finishes and two national trophies in the last 20 years.

I'm guessing you're too young to remember these achievements by your earlier comment. 

You stated we have constantly been down the bottom of the league in your lifetime. I count 7 top half finishes and two national trophies in the last 20 years.

I'm guessing you're too young to remember these achievements by your earlier comment. 

I remember the Van Tornhout final well but I also remember Killie getting skellped off Hibs in a league cup final. 7 top half finishes in 20 years is pretty dismal for a team claiming to be the 6th biggest in Scotland.

9 hours ago, JamieH1869 said:

Happyaccie scraping the bottom of the barrel here. His club in disarray while we appoint a premier league manager. Killie are the biggest provincial club in Scotland, one look at the history books will confirm that.

Cumdog opens this can of worms and I get it in the neck cheers dumbass , however how the f**k do you define a big 6 club , looks like the responses have been formed  on the clubs history.The logic applied by posters on here really does baffle me , if I am correct in the assumption they are using the clubs history as the rule of thumb to  comprise the biggest 6 clubs in Scotland not one of them have mentioned that the list is bollocks , the top 5 listed Celtic , Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs and ?,  debating who should be regarded as the 6th biggest, if by applying the aforementioned history to gain entry to the big 6 then surely sevco who have won 3 lower league titles and a cup tournament which SPL clubs are not permitted to enter should not qualify them as a big 6 club. I  personally would have them in my big six because I would class the big 6 as being the clubs who filled the top 6 places in the SPL the previous season ,to use historical achievement is too objective , using the applied logic by posters on here Third Lanark a club who expired 50years ago would have to come into consideration , to sum up then , the historical achievements of clubs  is too objective to be used in  comprising the big 6.

2 minutes ago, KillieCon said:

Fucking hell, happyaccie isn't taking the news of our new manager very well.

I am loving the appointment of the new killie manager , a perfect fit for killie fans after reading his interview, he comes across as a greeting moaning faced c**t, traits that all killie fans can relate to .

Cumdog opens this can of worms and I get it in the neck cheers dumbass , however how the f**k do you define a big 6 club , looks like the responses have been formed  on the clubs history.The logic applied by posters on here really does baffle me , if I am correct in the assumption they are using the clubs history as the rule of thumb to  comprise the biggest 6 clubs in Scotland not one of them have mentioned that the list is bollocks , the top 5 listed Celtic , Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs and ?,  debating who should be regarded as the 6th biggest, if by applying the aforementioned history to gain entry to the big 6 then surely sevco who have won 3 lower league titles and a cup tournament which SPL clubs are not permitted to enter should not qualify them as a big 6 club. I  personally would have them in my big six because I would class the big 6 as being the clubs who filled the top 6 places in the SPL the previous season ,to use historical achievement is too objective , using the applied logic by posters on here Third Lanark a club who expired 50years ago would have to come into consideration , to sum up then , the historical achievements of clubs  is too objective to be used in  comprising the big 6.
It would actually be Queens Park.....

Rangers 54 league, 33 Scottish, 27 League cups and 1 cup winners cup. Total 115

Celtic 48 league, 37 scottish, 16 league cup and 1 European cup Total 102

Aberdeen 4 League, 7 scottish, 6 league cup, 1 cup winners cup and 1 super cup. Total 19

Hearts 4 League, 8 scottish, 4 league cup. Total 16

Hibs 4 League, 3 scottish, 3 league cup. Total 10

Queens Park 10 scottish cups. Total 10

Killie 1 League, 3 Scottish, 1 league cup. Total 5.

Dundee and Dundee United both have 5 trophies as well but they have less Scottish Cups than Killie.

I am loving the appointment of the new killie manager , a perfect fit for killie fans after reading his interview, he comes across as a greeting moaning faced c**t, traits that all killie fans can relate to .

You are a fucking loony.

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It would actually be Queens Park.....

Rangers 54 league, 33 Scottish, 27 League cups and 1 cup winners cup. Total 115

Celtic 48 league, 37 scottish, 16 league cup and 1 European cup Total 102

Aberdeen 4 League, 7 scottish, 6 league cup, 1 cup winners cup and 1 super cup. Total 19

Hearts 4 League, 8 scottish, 4 league cup. Total 16

Hibs 4 League, 3 scottish, 3 league cup. Total 10

Queens Park 10 scottish cups. Total 10

Killie 1 League, 3 Scottish, 1 league cup. Total 5.

Dundee and Dundee United both have 5 trophies as well but they have less Scottish Cups than Killie.

I never said they would qualify just they could be considered.As I said the choice of using historical achievements is so objective and being pedantic including Rangers on the list you have given is questionable as that club is no longer in existence , liquidation meant any achievements gained by the old football club should not be credited to the new football etentity

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

27 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

11 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I never said they would qualify just they could be considered.As I said the choice of using historical achievements is so objective and being pedantic including Rangers on the list you have given is questionable as that club is no longer in existence , liquidation meant any achievements gained by the old football club should not be credited to the new football etentity

Image result for closing door gifImage result for closing door gifImage result for closing door gifImage result for closing door gifImage result for office door gif

So how can you possibly include Third Lanark to justify the point of your previous post then?.... OWN GOAL MATEY

13 hours ago, JamieH1869 said:

Happyaccie scraping the bottom of the barrel here. His club in disarray while we appoint a premier league manager. Killie are the biggest provincial club in Scotland, one look at the history books will confirm that.

LOL

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd say Dundee, United and Motherwell are all bigger than Killie tbqh.

Yup

2 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Cumdog opens this can of worms

Cumdog only opens tins eh beanz m8

30 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

So how can you possibly include Third Lanark to justify the point of your previous post then?.... OWN GOAL MATEY

I never, I said they could be considered .You have clearly included now known as sevco in the list you posted.

eta - I also said in my original post I wouldn't employ historical achievements as a way to define the big 6 , I rather use placements of clubs in the previous season.

Edited by happyaccie

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

No, what I included was the honours won by Rangers, not Sevco.

Which is my point a now defunct club , I am aware the 3rds are also defunct but if the list was being compiled purely on the historical achievements then the 3rds were worthy of consideration . I am now aware that after taking this viewpoint the 3rds wouldn't make the list, my whole point is employing the use of historical achievement is objective especially with regard to sevco.

12 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Yeh I think both Dundee clubs (Utd for sure) have solid claims to be bigger than us.

Motherwell, St Johnstone and ourselves are much of a muchness.

I think anyone trying to argue that Killie or Motherwell are bigger than the other would be struggling badly - the two clubs are as close to equivalents as it's possible to get. They have similar supports and financial size, face the same geographic challenges as regards bus-fulls of dregs heading off to Ibrox & Parkhead and have both been in the top league for ever - and have had relative success whilst there. They are the top town clubs I think it's fair to say but further than that, it's not worth trying to separate them.

FWIW, I don't think there is one credible "6th biggest club" - there are a fairly obvious top 5 and then there are a bunch that fit into the mid-table bracket (The Dundee Clubs, Killie, Motherwell, etc) - but it's arguing over tiny differences to go further than that...