The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Agree but 2nd fiddle to May, MacLean, Boyce & Stokes all decent quality strikers.

I suppose it depends on who the other one is, remember at the AGM, LM said he wanted cover for every position, so if he is a target he might not necessarily be the main one.

Graham wasn't second fiddle to May as he joined after he left and Maclean was injured for half that season. Reality of Graham's time with us is he scored to begin with (a couple of headers and penalties if my memories serves me right) then went completely off the boil and didn't score at all between September/October and March. He then scored a penalty at Dens and went on a run before being dropped again towards the end of the season (I think after he signed a pre-contract with Ross County),

He's a moany grumpy b*****d and he hates sitting on the bench, which he's been plagued with almost universally since leaving Raith Rovers. I think that's why he seems to leave clubs after a season. He's not as good as he thinks he is, but he should be good for about 10 goals a season.

Edit: He's a tall striker but I wouldn't say he's a particularly effective target man. He's better at chasing the ball into channels and holding it up than he is at winning it and knocking it down to a team mate certainly. His penalties were always very good with us and some of the headed goals he scored for us were superb - he's great at timing his runs and attacking the ball. He's not particularly fast but I wouldn't say he was slow either and he's better than you might expect with the ball at his feet. He had two purple patches with us sandwiching a spell where he was pretty ineffective.

In summary, he's decent without being spectacular. I'm not sure he's that different from what you already or is better than them. If Sammon wasn't putting in the miles last season as I read from a Killie fan yesterday, I'd imagine Graham will be an upgrade on him as he will at least put in the graft.

Edited by Kyle

Graham wasn't second fiddle to May as he joined after he left and Maclean was injured for half that season. Reality of Graham's time with us is he scored to begin with (a couple of headers and penalties if my memories serves me right) then went completely off the boil and didn't score at all between September/October and March. He then scored a penalty at Dens and went on a run before being dropped again towards the end of the season (I think after he signed a pre-contract with Ross County),

He's a moany grumpy b*****d and he hates sitting on the bench, which he's been plagued with almost universally since leaving Raith Rovers. I think that's why he seems to leave clubs after a season. He's not as good as he thinks he is, but he should be good for about 10 goals a season.

Cheers for the info, dunno if that's the type of player LM would want in the dressing room tbh, he seems to prefer hard working positive types.

It's all speculation of course, not much gets leaked from Rugby Park especially since Johnston went, coincidence perhaps, so it could be 2 totally left field options he spoke about on Monday night, we just need to wait n see.

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Agree but 2nd fiddle to May, MacLean, Boyce & Stokes all decent quality strikers.

Wasn't backup for Stokes either - certain his last game for Hibernian was the 2016 Scottish Cup final. 

Take out the beginning part of his loan at St Johnstone and he hasn't shown enough at the top level. 

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm hearing Erwin is a done deal.

Hopefully true.

Certainly divides opinion amongst Motherwell support but I was a big fan.

Strong, mobile, can beat a man, comfortable with either foot. Was very raw during his only season in our first team and often got stick for missing chances/picking the wrong option but I liked him as he was always someone who tried to get on the ball and looked like he could make something happen. 

Had a look there and he actually got 6 goals and 8 assists in just 24 starts for us which is better than I thought in terms of end product, especially given the shite team he was playing in. Plus I see he notched 10 goals for a struggling Oldham last season.

Think he'd be a cracking signing for Killie to be fair, if his dodgy knees hold up.

Edited by Casagolda

2 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Certainly divides opinion amongst Motherwell support but I was a big fan.

Strong, mobile, can beat a man, comfortable with either foot. Was very raw during his only season in our first team and often got stick for missing chances/picking the wrong option but I liked him as he was always someone who tried to get on the ball and looked like he could make something happen. 

Had a look there and he actually got 6 goals and 8 assists in just 24 starts for us which is better than I thought in terms of end product, especially given the shite team he was playing in. Plus I see he notched 10 goals for a struggling Oldham last season.

Think he'd be a cracking signing for Killie to be fair, if his dodgy knees hold up.

I'm fairly ambivalent about Erwin but there's no doubt that the raw materials are there. Him often being stuck out wide during his time with us didn't really help much either, he's never a winger.

The point about him playing in a shite team is valid too, it was surely no coincidence that his form improved dramatically when he was partnered with McDonald. I'm not sure Boyd will have the same influence there but if Erwin can screw the nut he could be a really good signing for Killie.

2 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

If Kilmarnock get relegated then the future of the club will be in great jeopardy.

Don't worry m88, we haven't been relegated in the post-apartheid era.

I have to say I was not overly impressed with the thought of Lee Erwin signing for us either, but when you see the stats provided in an earlier post it may turn out to be a good signing.

McCulloch certainly has given more thought to who he signs than any of the previous 3 incumbents did.  The squad this season definitely appears stronger and much better balanced and there should be good competition for places.   

My first game of the season tomorrow after being on holiday and am looking forward to it.  

Edited by paul wright scores

I'm fairly ambivalent about Erwin but there's no doubt that the raw materials are there. Him often being stuck out wide during his time with us didn't really help much either, he's never a winger.

The point about him playing in a shite team is valid too, it was surely no coincidence that his form improved dramatically when he was partnered with McDonald. I'm not sure Boyd will have the same influence there but if Erwin can screw the nut he could be a really good signing for Killie.

I doubt he would need to worry about being stuck out wide, we have plenty of options in that dept. We're also apparently after Eamon Brophy, so doubt Boyd would play more than a bit part this season.....

If Kilmarnock get relegated then the future of the club will be in great jeopardy.

Why, do you think we are over indulging in the market, our turnover increased by £1million last year on the previous one and that doesn't include Coulibaly's sale.....

A couple of the killie supporters in the killie forum stated that Wimbledon have accepted an offer from Partick Thistle for Lyle Taylor- does any Killie fans know the source for this as not been a mention anywhere on any jags forum?

Check the Patrick thread on here and you will find the source....

I have to say I was not overly impressed with the thought of Lee Erwin signing for us either, but when you see the stats provided in an earlier post it may turn out to be a good signing.
McCulloch certainly has given more thought to who he signs than any of the previous 3 incumbents did.  The squad this season definitely appears stronger and much better balanced and there should be good competition for places.   
My first game of the season tomorrow after being on holiday and am looking forward to it.  

You might get a shock at the lack of hoofballs as well Paul [emoji12] lol....