The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Matej Podstavek - played tonight in the friendly with Dalbeattie Star, (from one of the guys at the match), Scored a good header. Fairly composed and always looking to play to feet. Can fair ping a pass.

14 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Matej Podstavek - played tonight in the friendly with Dalbeattie Star, (from one of the guys at the match), Scored a good header. Fairly composed and always looking to play to feet. Can fair ping a pass.

Dalbeattie Star beat a Killie development/ triallist XI 3 - 2.

Killie Development Starting Line Up

Curtis Lyle, Thomas Dempsie, Taylor Queen, Matej Podstavek, Aidan Wilson, Ursene Mounda, Josh Jeffries, Brad Spencer, Innes Cameron, Dean Hawkshaw, Will Graham.

55 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

According to LM at the TiK meeting last night we have agreed terms with 3 strikers but will only be signing 2.

Is this common practice? Doesn't seem like the most professional...

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

According to LM at the TiK meeting last night we have agreed terms with 3 strikers but will only be signing 2.

The holdup is waiting on their clubs releasing them ......

I have a horrible, horrible feeling the two we will sign will be Brian Graham from Hibs and the boy from Raith Rovers.

We need a good quality striker like Storey from Aberdeen.

I have a horrible, horrible feeling the two we will sign will be Brian Graham from Hibs and the boy from Raith Rovers.

If the boy from Raith is Vaughan I wouldn't have a horrible feeling, he's very decent.

3 hours ago, Fide said:

Vaughan has a year on his contract. Do you guys often pay fees for players any more?

We'd ve utterly fucking crazy to let him go for peanuts. Our squad is small and he's integral to getting us back up from league 1. We won't come close to replacing him.

16 minutes ago, renton said:

Vaughan has a year on his contract. Do you guys often pay fees for players any more?

We'd ve utterly fucking crazy to let him go for peanuts. Our squad is small and he's integral to getting us back up from league 1. We won't come close to replacing him.

I actually think the board might modestly splash out (in comparative terms) if there was a player Jig had targeted.

You might actually be surprised at Brian Graham's scoring record throughout his career, with our budget we may find it hard to attract anyone better.....

efd84d1c36a382ad93939f2e3066dd8e.jpg

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

You might actually be surprised at Brian Graham's scoring record throughout his career, with our budget we may find it hard to attract anyone better.....

efd84d1c36a382ad93939f2e3066dd8e.jpg

Yeah he's scored, but his lack of appearances concerns me.  It looks like he's been a back up striker since joining Dundee United.  A back up striker isn't really what we need.

Yeah he's scored, but his lack of appearances concerns me.  It looks like he's been a back up striker since joining Dundee United.  A back up striker isn't really what we need.

Agree but 2nd fiddle to May, MacLean, Boyce & Stokes all decent quality strikers.

I suppose it depends on who the other one is, remember at the AGM, LM said he wanted cover for every position, so if he is a target he might not necessarily be the main one.