The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Here's a thought guys, on Saturday is the KFCSA AGM in the hotel at 1pm.... McCulloch, Leven and now Kiltie will be there for a Q&A session.

Perhaps they are holding off till then to announce a few signing, maybe even wheel them out then so to speak.

Also Saturday is the 24th June, 1yr to the date since "11 players signed in one day", could we be marking the anniversary with something similar? Lol

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Here's a thought guys, on Saturday is the KFCSA AGM in the hotel at 1pm.... McCulloch, Leven and now Kiltie will be there for a Q&A session.

Perhaps they are holding off till then to announce a few signing, maybe even wheel them out then so to speak.

Also Saturday is the 24th June, 1yr to the date since "11 players signed in one day", could we be marking the anniversary with something similar? Lol

It's in park suite mate could be coulibaly announced as a new signing or maybe new strip unveiled!!!

It's in park suite mate could be coulibaly announced as a new signing or maybe new strip unveiled!!!

I stand corrected Alan, you're right it is the Park Suite, I doubt it will be Coulibaly thou, FIFA still to sort out the situation with Al Alhy, new strip is a possibility thou.

If they don't announce a few signing either tomorrow or on the day, I can see some people starting to panick a wee bit and the Q&A could be a bit tasty lol.

From the RB's being banded about on various forums, I'd be happy with either, Broadfoot, Grimmer, Hodson or a long shot Hutton, any combo or all 4.... You can never have enough of the fcukers [emoji106] lol

Broadfoot never has been and never will be a'good enough right back'.

He was shite at Rangers cause they played him out of position.

If my memory isn't playing up, he was a shit hot,up and coming, centre half for St Mirren and, if he signs, thats where he should play for us.

NEVER right back.

Would take any of the others tho.

Broadfoot never has been and never will be a'good enough right back'.
He was shite at Rangers cause they played him out of position.
If my memory isn't playing up, he was a shit hot,up and coming, centre half for St Mirren and, if he signs, thats where he should play for us.
NEVER right back.
Would take any of the others tho.

I'm not disagreeing with you but he can play at RB ........

Rangers
After Alan Hutton left for Tottenham Hotspur in the January transfer window, Broadfoot replaced him at right-back and was praised by Walter Smith.

Blackpool
2012-13 season, Broadfoot continued to be a regular in the first team, playing in both central and right defence.
At the start of the 2013–14 season, Broadfoot switched his number from forty-two to six. Broadfoot continued to be in the first team, mostly he was in the right-back and center-back position.

Rotherham
Broadfoot made his league debut for the club in the opening game of the 2014/15 season, playing as a right back.

https://oneteaminayrshire.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/the-rumour-round-up/

The Rumour Round-Up

It’s that time of year again.

Everyone you talk to has a source and is ‘in the know’. This guy was spotted checking into the Park Hotel; that guy liked Killie’s Instagram page.

So, let’s see what the latest rumours around Rugby Park are and try to split the fact from the fiction.

Greg Taylor in Polish Offer

The Daily Record are reporting that Polish Ekstraklasa minnows Piast Gliwice have offered a measly £120,000 for the services of Greg Taylor.

Despite the paper referring to Killie as “cash-strapped” *yawn* it seems like a pretty easy offer to turn down for a guy with two years left on his deal.

379C896600000578-0-image-a-4_1472245019694

Piast Gliwice finished the Polish season in 10th place, and are managed by former Celtic player Dariusz Wdowczyk.

Souleymane Coulibaly

It has been widely reported that everyone’s favourite Ivorian has left Egyptian side Al-Ahly, after alleged breaches of human rights. Having sold Coulibaly for £700,000 (plus add-ons we’re now unlikely to see) last January, Lee McCulloch has said he’ll speak to Souleymane about a possible return.

The player himself wasted no time by taking to social media to claim he’d love to return to Killie.

_90274147_coulibaly

However, as mentioned on the latest One Team in Ayrshire podcast episode this case is likely to rumble on for a while yet, and may even end up in the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Whether FIFA or UEFA would be willing to grant special dispensation for the player to continue his career until the outcome of any trial is concluded is up for debate, but what isn’t is the opinion he’d be a welcome addition back at Rugby Park.

A Rangers Raid

The ex-Rangers pair of Lee Hodson and Clint Hill are available on free transfers, and both have been linked to Killie.

Given our managers ties to the Ibrox club, and the part he and Peter Leven played in bringing Hodson here the first time round, these aren’t the most outlandish rumours you’re likely to hear.

hodson

Both would be welcome additions to a defence that needs patched up following the departure of Ajer and Hendrie, and would bring experience to a youthful Killie squad.

JS96704638

Whether Killie could match Hill’s wage demands remains to be seen, however a player/coach role has been mooted, which might help sweeten the deal as the ex-QPR defender prepares for life off the pitch.

A Second Chance for Faded Starlets

The football world is littered with ghosts of the ‘next big thing’. Those players talked up to high heaven, before failing at a club and seemingly vanishing off the face of the earth. Two of those players have been linked with moves to East Ayrshire this summer.

Firstly, we have Charlie Telfer. Poached from Rangers by Dundee United, Telfer ended up costing the Tannadice club £200,000 at a tribunal, but was released this summer after making 71 appearances. A neat and tidy midfielder, Arabs spoke of him vanishing in games and not turning up for weeks on end.

Charlie-Telfer-545631

Hopefully a move away from the pressure of that tribunal might rekindle the career of a talented player who is still young enough at 21 to turn things around.

Secondly, Killie have been linked with Jack Grimmer. A right-back, he joined Fulham from Aberdeen in 2012 for £200,000 but made only 13 first-team appearances for the Cottagers.

Jack-Grimmer-goal-639765

Loaned out to Shrewsbury and Port Vale, he’s exactly the type of player we should be looking to attract. Dogged, aggressive and good on the ball, Grimmer should fit seamlessly into the spot left by Luke Hendrie.

2 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

We've signed Daniel Higgins, formerly of Celtic and Dundee. 19 year old defender. Anyone heard of him before? Any guid?

Showed a fair amount of promise here.

He was signed in February for the development side and it seemed like we were trying to convert him into a midfielder. In the games, I thought he looked fairly comfortable there but an injury crisis forced him into the first 11 in April as a centre back away to Hearts. He did nothing wrong and looked a pretty good footballer (so much so that I thought his touch when going forward belonged to an other player when the ball fell to him in closed space).

There was another start a week later and he did OK but other defenders regained fitness and he ended the season with a few sub appearances where he come on to shore things up and played in different positions.

Obviously not the finished article and it's not even certain what position he'll be but I'm fairly disappointed about losing him. I think he'll be a fairly good player at this level and there doesn't seem any overwhelming weakness. I think we would have liked to retain him but his mind was made up so I wish him the best.

2 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

We've signed Daniel Higgins, formerly of Celtic and Dundee. 19 year old defender. Anyone heard of him before? Any guid?

Kilmarnock sign anyone next after Daniel Higgins Sign Kilmarnock deal done

Nicky Ross?

Martin Woods?

Kirk Broadfoot?

Calum Waters?

Stephen O'Donnell?

Jack Grimmer?

Charlie Telfer?

Miles Storey?

Alan Power?

Souleymane Coulibaly?

Clint Hill?

Lee Hodson?

Once you've decided on what position you want Higgins to play, he'll be a great wee player. He has all the attributes to be a cracking CH except he's rather small which is maybe why we were trying to convert him into a CM. He's the type that could slot into the first team and not look out of his depth regardless of his age.

Lee confirmed at the supporters AGM, Jones has 2 yrs left on his contract, "phone has been ringing as " every team in Scotland seems to want him" but we are looking at extending his deal.

We knocked back £200k from Derby for Cameron and talked him into signing for us on permanent terms.

We have made terms with 4, possibly 5 players, hopefully in before we fly out to LA Manga on Thursday.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

We knocked back £200k from Derby for Cameron and talked him into signing for us on permanent terms.

Ooft. That's a hell of a lot of money for someone who isn't even in the first team yet.