The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

10 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Aaron Splaine has signed for Dunfermline on a 1 year deal. What kind of player can we expect? Going from Wikipedia, he's only played 8 matches in his senior career and hasn't had a club in a year?

I liked him and was surprised when we released him. Very raw, but seemed full of industry and directness - although not as good as what we had coming through in Frizzell and Hawkshaw. 

I've no clue why someone didn't at least take a chance on him last year - fingers crossed he does well at EEP.

17 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Aaron Splaine has signed for Dunfermline on a 1 year deal. What kind of player can we expect? Going from Wikipedia, he's only played 8 matches in his senior career and hasn't had a club in a year?

I liked him a lot. I thought he looked amazing on his debut against Ross County.  

Was surprised when he was realised. He could have just faded away but he looked promising. 

I've no clue why someone didn't at least take a chance on him last year - fingers crossed he does well at EEP.

You've probably answered your own question here.... Because he's not very good.

32 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

You've probably answered your own question here.... Because he's not very good.

Hardly. When you see some of the absolute dross we signed after he left - and some of the ones that keep getting clubs, I don't see how you can write the boy off quite so abruptly. 

Hardly. When you see some of the absolute dross we signed after he left - and some of the ones that keep getting clubs, I don't see how you can write the boy off quite so abruptly. 

Oh and there was this..........

Former Kilmarnock player Aaron Splaine fined for pushing woman during drunken rammy outside pub

The 20-year-old shoved Linzi Christie over when she tried to break up a fight in Newton Stewart last July

24th January 2017, 7:39 pm

A FORMER football starlet attacked a woman who tried to break up a drunken fight outside a pub.

Aaron Splaine, who made eight appearances for Kilmarnock, shoved Linzi Christie into the road outside a bar in Newton Stewart.

Aaron Splaine admitted pushing Linzi Christie outside the Central Bar in Newton Stewart

Stranraer Sheriff Court heard Ms Christie was “pushed with force” by Splaine, who began his career at Queen of the South.

The incident happened as Splaine’s friends, brothers Bruce and Cameron Burnett, attacked another man outside the Central Bar in the Dumfriesshire town.

The court heard the assault, last April, followed a previous rammy between Bruce Burnett, 17, and Tyler Hannay, 19.

During the punch-up, the court heard that Splaine “got into difficulty” with Ms Christie.

Fiscal depute Paula Hamilton said: “As a result he pushed her on the body and she landed on the ground.

Splaine was a highly rated youngster but was released by Kilmarnock at the end of last season

“The bar steward saw what was going on and intervened to split up the fight.”

Paul Feeney, defending Splaine, said the star “had simply moved her out of the way” but admitted he may have lost his temper.

Splaine, who has no previous convictions, admitted the assault and was fined £190.

Bruce Burnett and Cameron Burnett, 20, admitted assaulting Mr Hanney. They were fined £230 and £275 respectively.

Sheriff Kenneth Robb told the trio: “I appreciate there seems to have been some context of previous trouble and that might well go some way to explaining. But it does not excuse you of the consequences.”

Splaine was a highly rated youngster when he signed for Kilmarnock in 2013 but he was released at the end of last season and now works for his father in Newton Stewart.

47 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Oh and there was this..........

Former Kilmarnock player Aaron Splaine fined for pushing woman during drunken rammy outside pub

The 20-year-old shoved Linzi Christie over when she tried to break up a fight in Newton Stewart last July

What on earth has this got to do with anything? Hardly stacks up against what Callum McFadzean was convicted of, and we were happy enough to hand him a contract...

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

On your original post you questioned why nobody took a chance on him last year... Don't you think potential clubs consider things like this before signing a player?

Like we didn't you mean? I don't really - so many players have been found guilty of far far worse and picked up clubs. 

I think it would be a completely different matter if he was a notoriously bad trainer let's say - but not anything like the above. 

Like we didn't you mean? I don't really - so many players have been found guilty of far far worse and picked up clubs. 
I think it would be a completely different matter if he was a notoriously bad trainer let's say - but not anything like the above. 

Are you for fucking real, assaulting a female doesn't really matter? So long as Splaine trains well all should be forgiven?

What's with the WE btw? If it was my choice, any player involved in stuff like that would be nowhere near Killie.

You'd need to ask Clark the reasons he chose to sign a player like McFadzean with a serious assault conviction.

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Are you for fucking real, assaulting a female doesn't really matter? So long as Splaine trains well all should be forgiven?

What's with the WE btw? If it was my choice, any player involved in stuff like that would be nowhere near Killie.

You'd need to ask Clark the reasons he chose to sign a player like McFadzean with a serious assault conviction.

You've asked if teams don't consider stuff like that then when he answers you go mad. 

It hardly seems like he's punched f**k out her tbh, he looked like a decent player but he obviously wasn't premiership standard. 

And honestly, I don't think most teams care if you have slight baggage. Jordan Jones also has a conviction for fighting, as do many footballers. 

21 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

What I was commenting on, fairly obviously I thought, was the fact that football clubs don't automatically consider this kind of behaviour - and much worse besides - to be terminal in the career of a young footballer.

Evidenced by the fact that we - by which I mean Kilmarnock Football Club (such is the way that people in the UK colloquially tend to describe the team they support...) signed a different footballer with a worse record than this - before this incident occurred...

The morality that you and I exist in was not in the context of this discussion, and I think it's pretty baffling - not to mention total bawbag behaviour - to try and portray me as some fucking domestic violence apologist purely for bringing to your attention that football clubs don't give a shit.

21 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Ok you two win... Clearly, in your eyes, if you have a talent for football it doesn't really matter what you do outside the law. Let's just agree to disagree and move on......

Literally no one is saying that, you fucking moron. 

Ok you two win... Clearly, in your eyes, if you have a talent for football it doesn't really matter what you do outside the law. Let's just agree to disagree and move on......

If Splaine had just been working in a bar, not ever as a professional football player, he would've got a chance to go back into his field of work!

If he was a writer, he would've been given a second chance!

If he was a baker, he would've got a second chance!

So please do tell me why you think that just because he chose to play football he shouldn't be allowed to get a second chance! That just sounds petty to me and like you are jealous of the mans abilities!

I can assure you that I would have signed him last season, despite the case! And more than anything, as I do know a lot of the details from the case...

Remember... Johnny Jolly spent time in jail and still managed to come back and play in the NFL!

Adrian Sutil was given a suspended sentence and large fine and was back driving at Force India F1 a year later!

And worst of all, remember Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist, was allowed to come back and fight before then filing for bankruptcy and making another comeback and, after subsequently being convicted for assault, possession and DUI, he then was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame...

But despite all this, you wouldn't give Splaine a second chance? Pretty sure you've made some mistakes in your life

At no point did I say he didn't deserve a second chance.

Estragon posed the question he was surprised nobody signed him last year. Bearing in mind the court case wasn't heard till January this year, therefore the outcome was unknown, I suggested clubs didn't sign him because they didn't want to take a chance on him till his fate was decided.

What got me upset was how dismisive both Estragon and Nadroj were that these charges didn't really matter to a potential new club.

Maybe I could have explained it a bit better but my feelings on assualt of a male on a female got the better of me.

Perhaps you can explain the reason nobody chose to sign him up?

7 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

At no point did I say he didn't deserve a second chance.

Estragon posed the question he was surprised nobody signed him last year. Bearing in mind the court case wasn't heard till January this year, therefore the outcome was unknown, I suggested clubs didn't sign him because they didn't want to take a chance on him till his fate was decided.

What got me upset was how dismisive both Estragon and Nadroj were that these charges didn't really matter to a potential new club.

Maybe I could have explained it a bit better but my feelings on assualt of a male on a female got the better of me.

Perhaps you can explain the reason nobody chose to sign him up?

No one knows the reason no one chose to sign him. He may have been fat as f**k and unfit, it may have been the court case, he may just be shite. Who knows. 

And as I said, I don't think convictions matter if you're a footballer tbh. Griffiths, Stoke, Jones, Foran, Callum McGregor, Higdon and about a thousand more all have convictions and had no bother getting clubs. 

James Dayton peeps? Decent option to have in a squad, we don't have a left winger and could do with some competition and depth to our bench?

1 minute ago, Widge said:

James Dayton peeps? Decent option to have in a squad, we don't have a left winger and could do with some competition and depth to our bench?

He's fairly good, blows hot and cold but most wingers do. I'd happily welcome him back, don't think he'd come to us now we have a 3G pitch given his injury history.