The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Think season tickets are up 300 or so same time as last year. Think around 2800 are taken so far (that might include reserved seats that haven't been renewed yet tho)
Folk signing up for Trust and Trust in Killie too, Trying to raise 100k to get a fan representative on the board. Finance would definitely help us plus starts the fan ownership process. An extra 100k could get us a couple of decent players for a season.
Links if anyone interested. 
 http://killietrust.killiefc.com/en/join_48766/
http://killietrust.killiefc.com/en/trust-in-killie_52022/

Bought mine and my boys today. First time in 10 years. Can't wait to go back

4 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Think season tickets are up 300 or so same time as last year. Think around 2800 are taken so far (that might include reserved seats that haven't been renewed yet tho)

Folk signing up for Trust and Trust in Killie too, Trying to raise 100k to get a fan representative on the board. Finance would definitely help us plus starts the fan ownership process. An extra 100k could get us a couple of decent players for a season.

Links if anyone interested. 

http://killietrust.killiefc.com/en/join_48766/

http://killietrust.killiefc.com/en/trust-in-killie_52022/

I'm not entirely sure what to make of the trust's recent campaign, or the concept of fan representation in the boardroom at all to be honest.  We don't know who the appointed director would be, and there's an enormous assumption that his/her (although I'm presuming it'll be Cathy Jamieson tbh) views will necessarily reflect my own.  I wouldn't rule out investing, but I don't think we've really been sold the idea at all.  I'd be keen to know the views of some fellow supporters on the subject?

FWIW I also think the slogan that they've chosen "Call Yourself a Supporter" is pretty inflammatory.

37 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I'm not entirely sure what to make of the trust's recent campaign, or the concept of fan representation in the boardroom at all to be honest.  We don't know who the appointed director would be, and there's an enormous assumption that his/her (although I'm presuming it'll be Cathy Jamieson tbh) views will necessarily reflect my own.  I wouldn't rule out investing, but I don't think we've really been sold the idea at all.  I'd be keen to know the views of some fellow supporters on the subject?

FWIW I also think the slogan that they've chosen "Call Yourself a Supporter" is pretty inflammatory.

Agree that the slogan is a bit poor but the idea is the representative would be picked by the trust members. Someone with skills for the job. Whether that be from business, finance, marketing etc. In any case it will provide the club with additional funds which will help with running and hopefully growing the club.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of the trust's recent campaign, or the concept of fan representation in the boardroom at all to be honest.  We don't know who the appointed director would be, and there's an enormous assumption that his/her (although I'm presuming it'll be Cathy Jamieson tbh) views will necessarily reflect my own.  I wouldn't rule out investing, but I don't think we've really been sold the idea at all.  I'd be keen to know the views of some fellow supporters on the subject? FWIW I also think the slogan that they've chosen "Call Yourself a Supporter" is pretty inflammatory.    

As far as I'm aware, once the £100k is raised, nominations will be taken and voted upon to decide who the fans director will be. Nobody is earmarked for the role as yet.  The total raised so far is £12,800 from people signing up to the various monthly packages, that's before additional fundraising events. 

The more people who join up, the quicker we will have a voice on the board. Both BB & JK are 100% behind TiK btw.

I know several meeting have taken place between The Trust & Directors, since MJ left, with ideas being discussed & implemented by both parties.... Who would have thought 2 months back, we would have a board who are listening and interacting with the fans?

If anyone needs further info, why not get yourself onto Killie Kickback and click on all the Trust in Killie threads, the organisers are always available to answer any questions/doubts you may have ....

17 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

As far as I'm aware, once the £100k is raised, nominations will be taken and voted upon to decide who the fans director will be. Nobody is earmarked for the role as yet.  The total raised so far is £12,800 from people signing up to the various monthly packages, that's before additional fundraising events. 

I've heard that Peter Teller may well be the fan's director.

He spoke very well at the AGM

I've heard that Peter Teller may well be the fan's director.

He spoke very well at the AGM

What's his background PWS ?

One of the organiser did post that they hoped the fans director would change from time to time to allow for fresh ideas to be discussed/implemented and prevent staleness in the boardroom. I'm assuming there would be a timescale placed on the role to allow this to happen.

22 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

What's his background PWS ?

One of the organiser did post that they hoped the fans director would change from time to time to allow for fresh ideas to be discussed/implemented and prevent staleness in the boardroom. I'm assuming there would be a timescale placed on the role to allow this to happen.

Surname should read Telfer.  I believe he has an opticians business.

Edited by paul wright scores

Cerberus, is having a dig at me, on the Hamilton V Dundee Utd thread, the conversation moved on to the Premiership playoff game at Wembley, I posted my thoughts on Huddersfield getting a trophy & medals for effectively finishing 3rd in the Championship.... He's trying to be a smart arse.

From one of the guys on Kickback....

Had a long chat with Billy Bowie yesterday.

The new training complex is definitely being built at a site in Dundonald. 

East Ayrshire council were less than helpful to the Club with respect that they wanted the club to finance a new roundabout at Moorfield in order for us to have this facility in the town.

He intimated that we will have both indoor and outdoor facilities.

2 hours ago, blastie_12 said:

Why not just train at rugby park?

(Sorry if that's been asked before)

To do with "Project Brave" or whatever its called, it's all about youth academy set-ups. We need certain facilities to achieve the highest status.

To do with "Project Brave" or whatever its called, it's all about youth academy set-ups. We need certain facilities to achieve the highest status.

There is a hot topic thread on kickback about it now mate.....