The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

• 2 weeks later...
I just found out that we released Josh Webb, Jamie Cobain, Nathan Tyson, Callum McFadzean and Dapo Kayode...three weeks ago. 

Wee bit disappointed about McFadzean going but the rest should have left ages ago! Must admit, I felt McFadzean had a bit of potential before his injury

This proves what utter P!$h Mr Park published in his rag at the start of the season about us not giving our own youths a chance by bringing in foreign players.......

Not sure if this has been mentioned before on the Killie vs Dundee thread or that, but yesterday was Freddie Woodman's last match with us. He's away to play with England in the Youth World Cup. 

For Sunday's BBC website.....

Interim boss Lee McCulloch could be confirmed as the permanent manager of Kilmarnock later this week.

The club's board will begin discussions on Monday over McCulloch's future - he has been in charge since Lee Clark left for Buryin February.

The Rugby Park side ensured their Scottish Premiership survival with Saturday's win over Inverness CT.

"I've always said that when we're safe, I imagine a meeting will happen," McCulloch said after the victory.

The former Rangers, Wigan and Motherwell player has won four of his 12 games at the helm - all in the league - and has lost and drawn the same number.

"We've not spoken for two-to-three months, so I don't want to get carried away," he added. "I just want to concentrate on this performance - it's our 25th consecutive season in the top flight.

"I'm not a big-headed guy or a talker. Once we sit down we'll have discussions, that's all I can say. It's probably best we do it sooner rather than later.

"I've surprised myself a little bit. But with the managers I've worked under and players I've worked with, I've not got bad experience. It's literally one day at a time and that's the best way to continue to be."

Killie legend.

Is he genuinely seen as a legend at Killie? Legend is obviously a term that gets battered about a lot nowadays but he is most certainly seen as one at Celtic to all. Would be pretty rare for a man to be one at two clubs but you couldn't put it past a man like him.

Is he genuinely seen as a legend at Killie? Legend is obviously a term that gets battered about a lot nowadays but he is most certainly seen as one at Celtic to all. Would be pretty rare for a man to be one at two clubs but you couldn't put it past a man like him.

Definitely, an absolute hero at RP.

Definitely a legend. Burns dropping down two divisions to play at RP awoke a club and a town that has brought 25 years continuous top flight football.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Absolutely. He is generally considered to be one of, if not the, greatest players in our history as much for what he did on the park as well as off it.

For those of the correct age how exactly did we manage to convince TB to move to division 2? Was it reported as a good financial package or did Bobby Fleeting just sell a complete vision of the club to TB?