The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Ah, bollox. I suppose the best option now will be to give McCullough a chance to show what he can do, possibly with Boyd alongside. Never a fan of his as a player, you can't deny he has a competitive nature, and if he can instil that into the players, we should be ok.

Is it any worse than when Lomas left us, when we'd just finished 3rd, for a dreadful Millwall who were clear relegation favourites, and who despised him due to his west ham past?

Much like Lomas I think Clark was always going to leave the first time an English club approached him, regardless of their situation. Also, like Lomas, I think short term they done well due to a fresh approach to the league, but long term, their desire to make constant changes would work against them.

Given if my brain is working correctly, Tommy Wright replaced Lomas and how Tommy Wright has worked out for St Johnstone I would be happy to copy this model as long as we get the right man.

That said we'll no doubt end up with one of the usual Scottish managerial failures.

Fun times ahead!

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Couldn't disagree more and I don't really see anything he's done that has embarrassed us at all.

I agree.  A lot of opposing fans seem to have taken a strong dislike to Clark, and I'm not really sure why.  He has handled himself pretty well since taking over, and I don't remember him doing or saying anything particularly controversial.  He obviously signed a shit-ton of players, but the squad did need a massive clearout, and the signing of Coulibaly alone makes it a successfull strategy.

Disappointed to lose Lee Clark, but he was never a long term solution. Commuting from the North East, staying in the hotel, and having never brought in any of his own staff...I'm not surprised he's away.

Having said that, he's undoubtedly improved us - and I think it needed someone to come in and sweep the floor with a new broom. Good luck to him.

This. 
Hes now claiming Clark told Benitez he doesn't want a pair of Argentinians on loan from Newcastle; one of which has been capped five times. 
Newcastle don't have any Argentinians.

Which is a good job because he doesn't want any Argentinians from Newcastle, can't you read?

9 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

The best bit :lol:

On his Facebook version there's a bit where he starts shouting at his neighbour as he's doing wan of his videos. Funny and disturbing at the same time.