The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

32 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I hope Ajer turns out to be star player he was touted as when Rhonny bought him.

My only concern is for the long term, should we survive this year and our loans go back to there clubs it's another rebuild in June.

Hendrie and Boyd are the only loanees who would have been in our strongest team from the first half of the season.  Most of our first choice XI are contracted until at least 2018 (MacDonald, Taylor, Addison, McKenzie, Kiltie, Coulibaly), and others like Dicker, Smith and Jones will probably hang around if we offer them something.

Never seen him play so have no idea what he's like, but he seems to be highly rated in Norway at the very least.  Definitely worth a gamble.

So highly rated he captained Start to a 1-1 draw in the Norwegian Premier League on the 15th April 2015 at just 16 yrs old.....

Watched him in one of the Irn-Bru Cup games, I think Celtic v Cowdenbeath. He looked like he had a decent touch but for a big guy was not particularly imposing and he struggled in the physical battles. In short, he might be good enough but might not.

Thanks for clearing up any confusion.

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

So we're giving their youth setup another boost are we? This is getting a bit annoying. What on earth has happened to u20s?

There are loans for the sake of loans and there are loans to boost your team.

This guy is young and is very highly rated and waaaay out our price range. Celtic want him to get games and we want to get a decent player so over the next 5 months both parties get what they want. So in my opinion this is a loan that will boost our team.

He will as already been stated be playing with Taylor, Hawkshaw, Frizzell most weeks, possibly with Wilson a couple of times and hopefully before the end of the season with Kiltie who are all our U20's.

You don't successfully rebuild a full team in one or two windows, it takes time and yeah Clark has got a few signings wrong. However he needs to continually add to the permanent players (which he is doing with the Osbourne signing and I wouldn't be surprised if Boyd becomes permanent before end of the window) as well as have a squad large enough to be competitive in the Scottish cup, push on up the league and avoid 11th & 12th place and if he needs to make full use/rip the pish out the loan market to achieve that then I'm all for it. Especially if we are kicking off season 2017/18 as a premiership club with a decent permanent squad made up of experienced pros and our youth graduates with a couple of highly regarded loan players to finish it off.  

It's gutting to see Souly and Jamie go. If figures are to be believed though, £1.25m for the pair of them and Jamie has wanted to leave for a while due to training times. Who can we, realistically, get in to replace Souly?

Edited by killienick
fat fingers

Macdonald hasnt been as amazing as previous seasons but has been excellent overall for his the past few years. Played a big part in keeping us in the league. Sad to see him go to sit on the bench at the Queen's Filth if rumours are to be beleived.

Stevie May rumoured but also with Aberdeen. A deciding factor might that he would prefer to play every game at the Theatre of Pies as opposed to being rotated by TinkerDel. I think a haircut should be a contract clause tho. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Material said:

Macdonald hasnt been as amazing as previous seasons but has been excellent overall for his the past few years. Played a big part in keeping us in the league. Sad to see him go to sit on the bench at the Queen's Filth if rumours are to be beleived.

Stevie May rumoured but also with Aberdeen. A deciding factor might that he would prefer to play every game at the Theatre of Pies as opposed to being rotated by TinkerDel. I think a haircut should be a contract clause tho. 

I heard the Stevie May rumour. I have an Aberdeen pal who is convinced he's heading to them but I can't really see him wanting to compete with an established striker up there.

It's gutting to see Souly and Jamie go. If figures are to be believed though, £1.25m for the pair of them and Jamie has wanted to leave for a while due to training times. Who can we, realistically, get in to replace Souly?

MacDonald isn't away yet, it's still only speculation.....

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

MacDonald isn't away yet, it's still only speculation.....

Neither is Souly but they both look pretty certain to leave. Jamie hasn't hid the fact that training times are hard for him for personal reasons and he's wanted away for a while. I don't want him to leave but understand why he feels he needs to.

No way we could turn down that sort of money from Coulibaly.  He's scored some brilliant and important goals, but his all-round game is pretty limited, and he could just as easily have gone on to score only once or twice more before the end of the season.  We definitely need to look at bringing in someone with a bit of calibre to replace him - Boyd and Tyson until the end of the season doesn't sound promising, and we're not in a place to gamble on a young loanee up front.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No way we could turn down that sort of money from Coulibaly.  He's scored some brilliant and important goals, but his all-round game is pretty limited, and he could just as easily have gone on to score only once or twice more before the end of the season.  We definitely need to look at bringing in someone with a bit of calibre to replace him - Boyd and Tyson until the end of the season doesn't sound promising, and we're not in a place to gamble on a young loanee up front.

Agree 100%. Coulibaly looks excellent as part of a highlights package but his all round play isn't great. £1m for a free transfer 6 months down the line is excellent business. I'm surprised there hasn't been much clamour to try and sign Jai Quitongo or someone like that after he destroyed us in the cup. I'm not saying he's better than Stevie May but at least if we could get him for a few hundred thousand, he'd be ours and we wouldn't be trying to find another striker in a few months.

Agree 100%. Coulibaly looks excellent as part of a highlights package but his all round play isn't great. £1m for a free transfer 6 months down the line is excellent business. I'm surprised there hasn't been much clamour to try and sign Jai Quitongo or someone like that after he destroyed us in the cup. I'm not saying he's better than Stevie May but at least if we could get him for a few hundred thousand, he'd be ours and we wouldn't be trying to find another striker in a few months.

Lol, are you financing "a few hundred grand" then?... Incase you haven't heard, we have no money [emoji106]