The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

None, it'll bankroll the club and stave off administration for another year or two. Edging us ever closer to MJ's (&Moffat's really, let's be honest) 2019 payday.

Selling Kiltie in the summer is probably next on the agenda.

That's the essence of it I'm afraid. Roll on 2019. After that, who knows?

Mental

Why?... According to LC at the meet the manager in the Park Hotel last night, the money would be paid in bits and drabs over 5 yrs.... Also the player himself doesn't really fancy a move to Egypt, he's happy to stay and hopefully get a move back down south when the time is right

18 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

None, it'll bankroll the club and stave off administration for another year or two. Edging us ever closer to MJ's (&Moffat's really, let's be honest) 2019 payday.

Selling Kiltie in the summer is probably next on the agenda.

Absolutely spot on. 

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Why?... According to LC at the meet the manager in the Park Hotel last night, the money would be paid in bits and drabs over 5 yrs.... Also the player himself doesn't really fancy a move to Egypt, he's happy to stay and hopefully get a move back down south when the time is right

Quite right aswell. 21 year old enjoying his football and scoring fairly regularly. Unless money is life changing it's better to develop here

Quite right aswell. 21 year old enjoying his football and scoring fairly regularly. Unless money is life changing it's better to develop here

Its more likely to do with the 5 yrs payment plan PrestersKTID.

Say MJ stays till 2019 then slithers off at that time, no chance he can top up his pension fund as the full amount won't be paid off till 2022.

We all know he will no doubt be up to his usual smoke and mirrors spin on the real story, hence the leaked info saying the club has rejected the £500k bid.

13 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's a £650k take it or leave it offer now.... I reckon that offer will be booted into touch too.

If we get a genuine offer of £650k for him I would take it, albeit the schedule for making payments needs to be sensible.

Edited by paul wright scores

If we get a genuine offer of £650 for him I would take it, albeit the schedule for making payments needs to be sensible.

I'll see if there's enough in my bank and get back to you tomorrow mate.

Kristoffer Ajer signed on loan from Celtic apparently. Looks like a great signing.

Apparently it's agreed he plays at centre half as that's where Celtic see him as a future 1st team player.

Rodgers wanted him to stay near by so they could keep a close eye on him over the next 4 months then "take him back" .......

32 minutes ago, Estragon said:

So we're giving their youth setup another boost are we? This is getting a bit annoying. What on earth has happened to u20s?

In our case we have no fit Centre halves in either the first team or u20s, we can't afford permanent moves and can't loan any more over 21s so we can't be choosy.

Scott Boyd is almost back but Osbourne hasn't played in a while and might need a few development games to get up to speed.

55 minutes ago, Estragon said:

So we're giving their youth setup another boost are we? This is getting a bit annoying. What on earth has happened to u20s?

You could argue that Celtic are doing the same for Man City with Patrick Roberts. It's just how football works nowadays, loans are going to be the norm in Scotland now. Some of our fringe players have gone, and will inevitably continue to go, to lower league clubs therefore boosting our youth set-up.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Never seen him play so have no idea what he's like, but he seems to be highly rated in Norway at the very least.  Definitely worth a gamble.

Watched him in one of the Irn-Bru Cup games, I think Celtic v Cowdenbeath. He looked like he had a decent touch but for a big guy was not particularly imposing and he struggled in the physical battles. In short, he might be good enough but might not.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

We've had, what, eight different players from our U20s in the team this season?  Taylor is playing every week, as would be Kiltie if he hadn't got injured.  Frizzell, Wilson and Hawkshaw have both featured a fair amount too and a handful of others have had a chance here and there.

Ajer is a big massive centre-back - I'm not sure we have anyone like that in our U20s.