Bryan Gilfillan out for 6 - 8 weeks

Sair yin. Bryan Gilfillan says on his Twitter that he's going to be out for 6 - 8 weeks with a fractured cheekbone. He looked pretty badly hurt when he came off against Morton, but I didn't think it'd be as bad as that.

So that's him and Big Jim Lister out for the run-in - and both had been playing really well and contributing to our recent run of form.

Fortunately there's a more obvious replacement for him than there is for Lister - we know Blockley can play at this level, and despite his limitations (especially passing) he's tenacious and one who'll always fight for every ball. Scored a really good goal on Saturday as well. Liam Watt can also play in a similar role, if needed.

So... bad news, but not as bad as it could have been. Would hope Gilly can make it back for the playoffs, if we do indeed sneak into and finish in the top four.

Sair yin. Bryan Gilfillan says on his Twitter that he's going to be out for 6 - 8 weeks with a fractured cheekbone. He looked pretty badly hurt when he came off against Morton, but I didn't think it'd be as bad as that.

So that's him and Big Jim Lister out for the run-in - and both had been playing really well and contributing to our recent run of form.

Fortunately there's a more obvious replacement for him than there is for Lister - we know Blockley can play at this level, and despite his limitations (especially passing) he's tenacious and one who'll always fight for every ball. Scored a really good goal on Saturday as well. Liam Watt can also play in a similar role, if needed.

So... bad news, but not as bad as it could have been. Would hope Gilly can make it back for the playoffs, if we do indeed sneak into and finish in the top four.

That's a shame !

I missed what happened with him on Saturday, just a clash with Lamie trying to win a header?

I think there were 3 or 4 players all around the ball, he was jeered at first but it quickly became apparent that he wasn't in a good way. Could barely stand as he was taken off. All the best to him on his recovery.

Archived