Stenhousemuir -vs- Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stenhousemuir have turned over better sides in Peterhead and the league leaders at home in their last couple of games, so they will definitely have nothing to fear facing us.

Going for a 2-0 win for Stenhousemuir, with Paul McMullan to run rings around us yet again.

Part of Moffats problem is the lack of service, he constantly drifts backwards and out wide. He's really good at holding the ball up, needs to stop it and just get in the box and use his energy to score.

Pretty sure he will be a success again, just not until we get a decent manager in.

Part of Moffats problem is the lack of service, he constantly drifts backwards and out wide. He's really good at holding the ball up, needs to stop it and just get in the box and use his energy to score.

Pretty sure he will be a success again, just not until we get a decent manager in.

Thanks - saved me typing that pretty much word for word! Potter said he'd get inside his head to help get him scoring or bring in someone who could score. Instead, Moff continues do plenty of good work but not score and we brought in more strikers who don't score.

The Moff is probably one of the guys a new manager would relish working with.

The Moff is probably one of the guys a new manager would relish working with.

He needs a proper manager to manage him. Allan Johnston seemed to do well with Nicky Clark and Queen of the South at this level, I'm sure he can have the same effect on Moffat. Considering Johnston isn't doing anything at the moment, there isn't any harm in asking. It clearly hasn't worked with Potter, so we should really be proactive in finding a new manager rather than dithering.

Lack of support doesn't excuse the chances Moffat has missed. He looks like a fairly tidy player and he puts in a shift but 4(?) goals is fucking woeful. We didn't sign the top scorer in the league to piss about outside the box and sclaff every other shot he hits wide or straight at the keeper. Every week I tell myself he has to come good and that this week is when it'll happen then we get the usual decent hold up play, maybe a good run or 2 followed by a scuffed/sliced/ballooned shot.

Having said all that I'd still start with him. Unbelievable!

Said it before and will say it again anyone who doesn't see that we're better with Moffat than without him is absolutely fucking clueless about football, well either that or they don't go to games.

I agree he should start but I'm struggling to justify it. He's meant to be our main goal threat but he's looked more suited to creating than scoring for us. If we accept that then we have to find a goalscorer from somewhere. Having said that, how many assists does he have? I can't think of that many (not that I've been keeping track) apart from 1 or 2 for Gozie but I don't get to many away games so could be wrong.

Archived