Brechin v Forfar

We beat Dundee north end 8 1 in a friendly last night calum tapping ran the show in midfield good sign he's getting back to his best

We beat Cowdenbeath 9-0 in under 20s and my dad's harder than your dad

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Tapping scenario was the real topic here . If reports are true, he will be a real asset to us in the run in. Just like a new signing.

yes that was the main point I was trying to make Yeah will be a big bonus having him back at this point in the season.

Looks like Gary Bollan made the right decision on Tapping in the summer. Seems to have been injured all season.

Unfortunate injury just when he was hitting form. He has signed on at Brechin for another season though to repay us for helping him back to fitness.

I think the club should cut the prices and encourage fans through the gates for this one or even try the pay what you want method !!

Don't see the need for anything like that for a game like this. Local derby with both teams doing well and plenty at stake both in terms of challenging for the league title and consolidating a play-off position. Should be looking at a crowd of near 1,000 like the New Year game at Station Park but I suspect it may be a couple of hundred short.

This one really could go either way. Forfar blowing hot and cold at the moment whilst it will be interesting to see how we bounce back from our first league defeat since mid October. We were very poor against Peterhead but it's a tough place to go and we were missing a couple of key players in McLean and Tiger.

The return of Tapping is a timely boost especially after the news that Trouten is (apparently) unlikely to play again this season. I would imagine it will be a couple weeks yet at least before we will see him in contention for a starting place though.

Win for Forfar here and they are in a good position for a real go for the league, whereas we can forget it. Win for City and the four way battle continues.

Don't see the need for anything like that for a game like this. Local derby with both teams doing well and plenty at stake both in terms of challenging for the league title and consolidating a play-off position. Should be looking at a crowd of near 1,000 like the New Year game at Station Park but I suspect it may be a couple of hundred short.

This one really could go either way. Forfar blowing hot and cold at the moment whilst it will be interesting to see how we bounce back from our first league defeat since mid October. We were very poor against Peterhead but it's a tough place to go and we were missing a couple of key players in McLean and Tiger.

The return of Tapping is a timely boost especially after the news that Trouten is (apparently) unlikely to play again this season. I would imagine it will be a couple weeks yet at least before we will see him in contention for a starting place though.

Win for Forfar here and they are in a good position for a real go for the league, whereas we can forget it. Win for City and the four way battle continues.

Ye the game should attract a decent crowd but why not be adventurous and try n get more through the gates ? Folk who ve fallen out of habit , newcomers to town , you nvr know they may enjoy and come back for remainder of the season or then again if it s like last week it may flague them ha ha!!

Trouts is a huge loss although he has been quiet last 3 or 4 games I thought! Obviously that was not Ollie at his best on Saturday or I hope he's more to offer , his strop at bein subbed perhaps means he just needs a wee run and a bit of confidence! What we will nd to do is keep our discipline as Dick ll have his players fired up and every trick in the book will be used to wind up and niggle our lads Smithy especially !......

Is Trouten the wee guy on the right hand side? always seems to score against so thats something less to worry about. Also, it is likely this will attract one of Brechin's biggest home gates so what a stupid suggestion to decrease the prices. Nobody in their right mind would do that.

Ye the game should attract a decent crowd but why not be adventurous and try n get more through the gates ? Folk who ve fallen out of habit , newcomers to town , you nvr know they may enjoy and come back for remainder of the season or then again if it s like last week it may flague them ha ha!!

I agree with the idea, but it's definately not necessary for this game. As I said this game should have a crowd of around 800-1,000 which will bring in some decent revenue - no point in giving that up just for the sake of getting a couple of hundred extra through the gate. I think the game midweek against Peterhead would be more appropriate to try something like tat.

Is Trouten the wee guy on the right hand side? always seems to score against so thats something less to worry about. Also, it is likely this will attract one of Brechin's biggest home gates so what a stupid suggestion to decrease the prices. Nobody in their right mind would do that.

That's the one. Trouten has been quiet recently (carrying an injury possibly) but on his day he's one of the best players in the division and his goals from midfield are invaluable. Whilst he's out we will need the likes of Jackson and Thomson to step up to the plate and start getting goals. There is no doubting their work rate but at the end of the day they are strikers and their job is to put the ball in the pokey.

I am informed Trouten has broken ribs and I likely to be out for the season but who knows e might recover.

Much as it is tempting to through Tapping in we need to be careful we don't do him for next season.

I'm sure the coaching staff will know when he is ready

Nay need to be insulting it was only a suggestion ! But what do I know !!! Ha ha ?...

Archived