Cuba

Proctor

Have a look at Playa Pesquero in Hoguain. It's the dogs danglies, epecially around September-October when its a bit quieter. Great food, great drink (champagne in the all inclusive list), and a great all round ambience.

Heart of the hurricane season, good luck!

Was just thinking that was the reason it's a bit quieter.

Shite. What about January?

Supposed to be the best time of year for weather, also about the most expensive. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to hit a hurricane even in September at the exact time you're there. I'm going in July which is supposed to be the rainy season but you still get an average of 11 hours sunshine a day. This website gives you an idea.. http://www.holiday-weather.com/havana/averages/september

Cheers! As I said, September is the normal time for our holiday, I'm pretty sure we would be fine. We've dodged a typhoon in Fiji a few years back, a wee breeze should be okay

This areas overdue for a hurricane. We're 10 years since anything hit South Florida which is the longest it's ever been.

• 2 weeks later...

We went for 2 weeks in January think it was 2003 ish. Temp average about 28, based in Varaderro. We done a two night stay in Havana and done all the tourist stuff. Fab place. Done another tour (think it was 1 night) to Santa Clara, Bay of Pigs, and the fabulous Trinidad.

Safe, interesting, relaxing, superb holiday and the dark rum was very nice.

We done a trip to a rum distillery, and in Trinidad I picked up a box of 20 cigars for 20 US dollars. Got home and noticed the cigars could be bought here individually for £20 each ????

We would love to return soon before the Yanks get in.

• 4 weeks later...

Went for my honeymoon here a few years back. Havana was definetly the highlight though my wife at the time might disagree with that. Went on the tour, cigar factory and all. The show at night I ended up dancing with one of the dancers at the side of the stage, by the time I got on the bus back to the hotel i was steaming drinking the free Havana club out of the bottle. The ex wife was insisting that we have an early night to go sight seeing the next day, not me, I ended up staying at the hotel bar and had to be chucked into the lift as I couldn't walk. Woke up the next day rough as f**k, went down for breakfast and was given a round of applause by all the folk we went on the tour with. Needless to say it all went downhill after that with the ex, happy days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived