Today's goals and gossip here.

tombo

That's your opinion . I have mine . Simple

Do explain why it's any more acceptable in the senior game then? It's not, football should unite, celtic rangers(dead and new club) and unfortunately it seems st rochs have fundamentally failed in that.

We don't want scum like that at our games either.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why bring it up then?

One of your fans mentioned it first.

My point is, I'm not bothered by St Rochs fans having Irish flags. I'm also not bothered by Kilsyth having their Saltire. They are just national flags and if an individual or a group of people have an issue with those then that's their problem.

Waffen wotever ur name is....I never mentioned rangers or that everyone who says anything against st rochs is a rangers fan.....I was talking about ur junior team who wear black and white. Did the horlicks and werthers originals not explain that clearly enough for your senile brain.....oh dear. Would love to see the candy play ur team in a cup or league match at some point.....I think the atmosphere would be 10 times better than that at your graveyard of a ground.

Do explain why it's any more acceptable in the senior game then? It's not, football should unite, celtic rangers(dead and new club) and unfortunately it seems st rochs have fundamentally failed in that.

We don't want scum like that at our games either.

I mentioned celtic , we all know the history , celtic park is a place where their heritage / history should be celebrated . No problem with that.That's their home , they have the right to do this in their home.

St Rochs are a club who were founded to provide a place for local youngsters to play football , a club the local community could get behind .

I knew one guy who played for st rochs who supported rangers and have read of loads of rangers supporting players who have played for them , a mate of mine from eastern europe of a non catholic religion went to st rochs ground a few times and came away with a positive opinion , you go on there twitter and for example they have campainged successfully for a boy who has moved into the area from gambia to get fixed up with goods he needs to start up a new home in the area.

They have arranged collections for foodbanks for all people to benefit from.

They promote and encourage local youngsters to get into educational work programmes on twitter / facebook

They do lots of good work but will continually be let down in the future if they don't reign in what they allow and don't allow at their games .

To say they have 'fundamentally failed ' to ' unite ' is wrong imo, and again imo to brand all these boys ' scum ' is again wrong .Misguided , failing to grasp the concept of local football yes but scum , hmm tad harsh.

What they need to celebrate and support is local community , local people , local football . and make everyone feel welcome, ditch the palestine , basque crap , leave out the irish flags , songs . Chant for the candy , raise a banner for the candy .

Btw there are obviously good people at st rochs , guy's on here though posting under their banner really aren't helping things .

I mentioned celtic , we all know the history , celtic park is a place where their heritage / history should be celebrated . No problem with that.That's their home , they have the right to do this in their home.

St Rochs are a club who were founded to provide a place for local youngsters to play football , a club the local community could get behind .

I knew one guy who played for st rochs who supported rangers and have read of loads of rangers supporting players who have played for them , a mate of mine from eastern europe of a non catholic religion went to st rochs ground a few times and came away with a positive opinion , you go on there twitter and for example they have campainged successfully for a boy who has moved into the area from gambia to get fixed up with goods he needs to start up a new home in the area.

They have arranged collections for foodbanks for all people to benefit from.

They promote and encourage local youngsters to get into educational work programmes on twitter / facebook

They do lots of good work but will continually be let down in the future if they don't reign in what they allow and don't allow at their games .

To say they have 'fundamentally failed ' to ' unite ' is wrong imo, and again imo to brand all these boys ' scum ' is again wrong .Misguided , failing to grasp the concept of local football yes but scum , hmm tad harsh.

What they need to celebrate and support is local community , local people , local football . and make everyone feel welcome, ditch the palestine , basque crap , leave out the irish flags , songs . Chant for the candy , raise a banner for the candy .

Btw there are obviously good people at st rochs , guy's on here though posting under their banner really aren't helping things .

Having a political leaning support(Being a little generous here and presuming it doesn't go further into the green brigade without the bus fare attitude there fans on here seem to have) is a fundamental failure, they also seem to have a people in power who condone it, that's wrong. It can be fixed but that doesn't mean currently they are failing in there role in the community.

Nope, its scummy behaviour to drag that shite into football. Similarly to the club, these guys can fix there behaviour, But it's not ok as things stand.

On Celtic, being the home side doesn't give you any right to behave how you want, give out birthday messages on the tanoy etc ok, but not drag the game down. Celebrate histroy it depends past cup success etc is ok, but not the other shite, every other club has moved on, to Hibs and Dundee united being founded by immigrants is nothing more than a passing metioon about the clubs foundation, pars fans don't sing/say anything about the cricket club that we split from, the 'it's our history' excuse doesn't wash, and besides even so just because you've done it in the past doesn't make it right now.

You talk about local football as if playing in a higher league means clubs stop representing there communities, 100 % wrong , all but 2 wholly represent there towns, there Local communities.

You now have another well tweeter calling for as many rangers fans to get along to cambuslang v st rochs game this saturday to support the ' mini gers '

The bottom line of all this is if you want to celebrate being a celtic fan , if you want to celebrate your irish heritage , go do it at celtic park , thats fine in my book, no at a st rochs juniors game where all you should be celebrating attending a candy game is local boys turning out for a local team in the non league game, only flag on show should be one clearly marked st rochs on it.The horns , balloons etc , well seems a bit OTT for a junior game to me but maybe thats me getting old ha.

Any palestine / basque type of flags banners whatever st rochs in my opinion should not allow into their own ground and should be pulling down if they get put up. Otherwise all st rochs will be known for is this sort of rubbish and the trouble it can bring.

Opposing teams have a duty of care to these type of visiting fans , if they have a st rochs banner and singing away non offensive songs then they should be looked after by the hosts, and if anything does happen it should be reported who the instigators of the trouble are in this case it does seem these boys from st rochs have been targeted.

The posters on here you are really no doing your club any favors honestly .

For the record as i have stated on this many times i am also celtic supporter/ fan as well as the Roy - The Roy being the team who get most of my attention.

Listen RRG , I'm a bit concerned that you highlight something on twitter or whatever , that seems to be encouraging non Cambuslang fans to head for provanmill next weekend to (it seems like) confront these St Rochs ultras or whatever they call themselves.

I am one of about 25 - 30 Cambuslang diehards who follow our club to all away fixtures & I'm concerned that we've been , through no fault of our own been put in an uncomfortable position by you highlighting some (probably) drunken Rangers fans hostile tweet that has absolutley nothing to do with our wee group of fans who follow our club week in week out.

I personally know each one of our most loyal fans & there isn't one troublemaker amongst us. In fact most are of pension age & are all remnants of our glory days in the early '70's.

The point I'm trying to make is that any trouble next weekend will not be instigated from real Cambuslang fans.

In saying that , it won't stop me cheering on my team as I've always done & giving as good as I get against these 'ultras' or whatever they call themselves.

Looking forward to the game on saturday & hopefully the st rochs asst manager will have sobered up by then.

Waffen wotever ur name is....I never mentioned rangers or that everyone who says anything against st rochs is a rangers fan.....I was talking about ur junior team who wear black and white. Did the horlicks and werthers originals not explain that clearly enough for your senile brain.....oh dear. Would love to see the candy play ur team in a cup or league match at some point.....I think the atmosphere would be 10 times better than that at your graveyard of a ground.

My "Junior team" doesn't wear black and white, you bibdribbling fuckwit. But please keep on posting & embarrassing yourself all the more - it brings some much wanted levity to this unpleasant matter.

Listen RRG , I'm a bit concerned that you highlight something on twitter or whatever , that seems to be encouraging non Cambuslang fans to head for provanmill next weekend to (it seems like) confront these St Rochs ultras or whatever they call themselves.

Wait, what?

So morons posting "we're Billy Big Baws" childish rubbish on Twitter encourage fellow knuckle trailers to go along to the ground of a club whose official spokesman on Twitter says the club endorses overt displays of sectarianism...

...and somehow RRG is to blame for warning everyone about this rather than the wannabe scumbags specifically looking to cause trouble? What sort of twisted logic is this?

The only unpleasantness on this is coming from you. You are the one with the name calling.....go to a st.rochs game and spout off to the fans and committee the way you do on here from behind ur keyboard if you have the balls, I will even meet you there....somehow I think you will decline.

People with glass houses and all that......get ur own in order before slating others and going on about something you know nothing about

My "Junior team" doesn't wear black and white, you bibdribbling fuckwit. But please keep on posting & embarrassing yourself all the more - it brings some much wanted levity to this unpleasant matter.

Wait, what?

So morons posting "we're Billy Big Baws" childish rubbish on Twitter encourage fellow knuckle trailers to go along to the ground of a club whose official spokesman on Twitter says the club endorses overt displays of sectarianism...

...and somehow RRG is to blame for warning everyone about this rather than the wannabe scumbags specifically looking to cause trouble? What sort of twisted logic is this?

Twisted logic? You've lost me.

Some poor c**t could get killed at a junior football match in Scotland, bringing what's seen to be by many, as a flag which brings religious overtones to the table.

The junior crowd are a good lot, what they think behind closed doors is rightly kept there.

For the lads who bring the flags, the majority just want you to be safe at the games, rightly or wrongly the flag will attract the unsavoury elements and no one wants that.

It's common sense lads. Nothing against you or the team. My opinion only.

Archived