Airdrie v Morton

I see people are absolutely buzzing for this.. :lol:

Gaston

Kilday O'Ware Lamie Russell

Pepper Miller Forbes

Caldwell MacDonald McManus

Not ideal having Miller in there but we don't have many options now for the middle of the park now that McKee is out for a while with a bad head injury. That'll most likely not be how we lineup, Crighton and at least one of the McCluskeys will probably play.

1-1.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel a bit better in the lead up to this one than I did about the Forfar game, granted I still expected us to take something from that.

Have to hope that Duffy has seen that we were useless up top against Airdrie and throws MacDonald in there, but that seems to be just one of many worries. But having a good frontline has been utterly crucial to us since the window closed. Time to get back to that.

As for the game, if the starting 11 isn't dramatically changed for the weekend it'll just prove how clueless Jim is. We need to get all of our best players on the park that includes all three strikers. Crighton, Milo & both McCluskey's have to be dropped and Forbes should be back into the starting lineup.

We'll probably know the result when we get the team news at about 2:30 on Saturday, if no changes are made we'll lose the game but if Duffy actually has one brain cell and changes it about and gets our best players on we have a chance.

One more trip to the dump that is Balmoor, hold your noses lads, we're going in :green (...for an easy 3 points) :thumsup2

Ton -2 at least.
We'll take 3 points off them this time round.
On a high after clinching the top spot and skelping the diddies of the league, this should be another 3 points to the tally.

Really hoping to see Duffy play the three up front but time will tell, starting to see a slight change in his tactical ability, I say slightly very loosely.

As Forfars bottles already crashed, I'm gonna say 2-0 Ton, for a really long, tear-stained drive home.

Airdrie haven't lost a game since mid January so they're destined to lose/take a thumping soon. Then again, we're rank rotten so time will tell.

Jesus, like a fly roond shite. What's your problem now, son?

Your constant optimism. No game is an "easy 3 points" in this league and if you put Morton on at -2 in any game you're an idiot. Airdrie aren't due a "thumping" from anyone, they're unbeaten since January because they're a well organised team who haven't conceded very many goals recently. You had a stinker in the Morton v Forfar thread and you're already mentioning Airdrie are due a "Thumping" based on what exactly? So how about you stop putting "Ton -2 at least" or "easy 3 points" in threads because it usually leads to egg on face.

Clueless Jim to unearth a third McCluskey brother to 'play' in central midfield for this one, IMO.

Would say that I can't see past a home win, but if our three excellent strikers are actually 1) playing together for a change and 2) enjoying at least average service, then we stand a decent chance of winning any game in this league. Airdrie were comfortably the better side against Forfar in the Alba game though and given Duffy's shambolic efforts last Saturday, I'd have to favour a home win, and a 'get behind ooooor team!' fracas from the happy-clappers in the away section.

Your constant optimism. No game is an "easy 3 points" in this league and if you put Morton on at -2 in any game you're an idiot. Airdrie aren't due a "thumping" from anyone, they're unbeaten since January because they're a well organised team who haven't conceded very many goals recently. You had a stinker in the Morton v Forfar thread and you're already mentioning Airdrie are due a "Thumping" based on what exactly? So how about you stop putting "Ton -2 at least" or "easy 3 points" in threads because it usually leads to egg on face.

For a start, you have far too much time on your hands. Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, especially if we have useless management and still seem to be in the top spot. If you have a wee look again I did say we're also rank rotten and time will tell, unlucky there. Not that its any of your business whatsoever but I put on Ton -2 against Stirling, see how that played out? Simple. No one can seem to say anything on this board without you pissing and moaning about it so we'll maybe need to start running things by you first. Total sad act. :thumsup2

For a start, you have far too much time on your hands. Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, especially if we have useless management and still seem to be in the top spot. If you have a wee look again I did say we're also rank rotten and time will tell, unlucky there. Not that its any of your business whatsoever but I put on Ton -2 against Stirling, see how that played out? Simple. No one can seem to say anything on this board without you pissing and moaning about it so we'll maybe need to start running things by you first. Total sad act. :thumsup2

It really doesn't take that much time or effort to quote a few posts champ. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with optimism - there isn't. But you seem to have us down as a certain win every single weekend. Yes we will win some weekends but some weekends we don't and putting down in threads "easy 3 points" or "Morton v Forfar Pathetic" is just stupidity. Well you're lucky that one came in because if it wasn't for Gaston we would've been 3-0 down at half time. You're the only sad act here mate, you spend most of your time on Ayr United threads and not Morton ones not to mention your username which is laughable really. Now why don't you answer my question: Wheres the evidence to suggest that Airdrie are due a 'Thumping'?

Not sure how...

"Then again, we're rank rotten so time will tell."

...works in with your certain win every weekend bullshit. But then you say there's nothing wrong with optimism before going on and attacking what's basically an extreme form of it. So... ya know... maybe you're just talking pish.

Who knows?

Most players out of position again, most likely.

iqy3i.jpg

O.k., so maybe you're getting pelters fae some of your fellow Mortonians, but fair play, that's a quality photo & caption. Duffy couldn't have purposely posed better for that if he'd tried!

Not sure how...

"Then again, we're rank rotten so time will tell."

...works in with your certain win every weekend bullshit. But then you say there's nothing wrong with optimism before going on and attacking what's basically an extreme form of it. So... ya know... maybe you're just talking pish.

Who knows?

Well he did say "Airdrie are due a loss/thumping" suggesting we'd be the team to do it. Yes he did say he thinks we're "rank rotten" and if he thinks we are rank rotten why is he putting in basically every single Morton match thread "Easy 3 points" or "Ton -2 at least"? It really isn't that hard to understand. There is nothing wrong with "some" optimism but going in every week thinking you have an "Easy 3 points" is stupidity especially if you're a Morton fan because we all know how that turns out. But if you want to back up an absolute roaster go ahead.

It's usually for a little bit of banter with other team's fans but there's always one person to start spitting chips. Simmer down a little, eh?

Away crawl back up VT's arse before you trainwreck another thread into sheer depression, CHAMP. :)

It's usually for a little bit of banter with other team's fans but there's always one person to start spitting chips. Simmer down a little, eh?

Away crawl back up VT's arse before you trainwreck another thread into sheer depression, CHAMP. :)

I don't think anyone would be able to get up VT's arse until you get out first.

Just saying like. :)

Archived