World Cup 2018 Qualifying

If Blatter really cared about expanding the game in Asia surely the 2022 tournament should have been in India or China.

I currently live in India and believe me they shouldn't get close to holding a World Cup. So many issues without considering holding a sporting event like that!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given 8 years I'm sure they could put on a decent world cup. And compared to Qatar virtually anywhere would be an improvement.

The only issue I can think of is the same as Qatar, how hot is it in India in the summer?

Probably looking at 40+ in the north (Delhi) to a more manageable 35+ in the south. Those are peak temps which would be April/May. Maybe a touch cooler June/July.

Given 8 years I'm sure they could put on a decent world cup. And compared to Qatar virtually anywhere would be an improvement.

The only issue I can think of is the same as Qatar, how hot is it in India in the summer?

Would it be any hotter than Korea/Japan, Brazil, the States, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay etc, all of whom have hosted the WC in the past

Scotland have done three with their eyes closed- all the more reason for us to get a WC some time soon IMO.

WC2018 LMS sounds good BTW, I'd be in.

Yeah I'd be keen for that as well

Not enough time to get a LMS started-up for these ties but in any case last time one rule was that we stuck to international dates.

I'll start a thread next week to commence with CONCACAF R1 ties at the end of March. Next would be CONCACAF R2, Asia 1st groupstage and Oceania first groupstage in June.

Taiwan beaten 1-0 at home be Brunei. Shocker.

EDIT: Historic, infact.

Brunei's only previous WC qualifying results:

1986 - 6 defeats - Brunei 0-4 China, Brunei 1-5 Hong Kong, Brunei 1-2 Macau, China 8-0 Brunei, Hong King 8-0 Brunei, Macau 2-0 Brunei

2002 - 6 defeats - Brunei 0-1 India, Brunei 0-12 UAE, Brunei 0-5 Yemen, India 5-0 Brunei, UAE 4-0 Brunei, Yemen 1-0 Brunei

Archived