World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest is 7pm (except 1 single 8pm).

As I posted previously:

1st & 2nd group games (Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun)
1pm, 4pm & 7pm
*launch ceremony followed by opening game on the first Thursday is 4pm but there is no 7pm game that day, so on the first Saturday there are 4 games at 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 8pm

3rd group games (Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu) and Last 16 (Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue) and QFs (Fri-Sat)
3pm & 7pm

SFs (Tue-Wed)
7pm

Third-Fourth Play-off (Sat)
3pm

Final (Sun)
4pm

Really looking forward to seeing what panama have to offer, would love it if they could pop up with a shock win or something, unlikely but who knows.
Senegal with Mane ect.. could be a good watch.
Also peru and Egypt who I've never seen in a World Cup before, should bring a lot of colour and diversity to the tourney.. oh eh and Iceland in their first World Cup too, gonna be interesting..
Love a World Cup! 

Obviously depends on the draw but I’d have Senegal as the dark horses at the moment. Koulibaly, Idrissa Gueye, Keita Balde and Mane are all great and they’ve got some others playing in top leagues, including Mame Diouf, Mo Diame and Cheikhou Kouyate from average Premier League clubs.

34 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Obviously depends on the draw but I’d have Senegal as the dark horses at the moment. Koulibaly, Idrissa Gueye, Keita Balde and Mane are all great and they’ve got some others playing in top leagues, including Mame Diouf, Mo Diame and Cheikhou Kouyate from average Premier League clubs.

Plus Salif Sanè from H96!

Loved Mame Diouf during his time in Hanover, 26 goals in 57 games!

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah definitely agree with that, very good players.

Will always remember the first game of the 2002 WC in Japan/South Korea, Senegal vs France first game an Senegal winning 1-0 against the then world champions, it was the first WC I'd properly watched all the way through. . They had some very decent players then too, Papa Bouba Diop, Henri Kamara, Salif Diao ect.. but think this team could be even better. 

Jesus, just realised I was 10 in 2002.. feeling auld :lol:

Senegal were starting to look like they could go all the way until they ran out of steam in the Turkey game. Presumably Bruno Metsu would've shuffled the pack a bit more if he'd realised how far they could get.

I'd no idea Metsu had carked it a few years back  :o

My selfish brother is getting married that day so will likely miss the busiest day of the whole cup. [emoji21]

Ride the bride to be so the wedding gets cancelled... or if it does go ahead theres a good chance you wont be invited.

Draw is a week today (possibly time to retire this thread and have a lead up to the finals thread).

There was a rehearsal draw today and England ended up with Belgium, Senegal and Japan and appear to be utterly cacking themselves at the prospect of getting a real group of the same magnitude. How the mighty have fallen.

14 hours ago, Donathan said:

Draw is a week today (possibly time to retire this thread and have a lead up to the finals thread).

There was a rehearsal draw today and England ended up with Belgium, Senegal and Japan and appear to be utterly cacking themselves at the prospect of getting a real group of the same magnitude. How the mighty have fallen.

That would be a decent draw for England or any of the pot 2 sides. Avoid South American too seeds and therefore another lower euro team is the way to go. Senegal may be pick of Africans but not too much to worry about and Japan haven’t really kicked on since hosting. 

Archived