World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Schoolboy defending at times from Ireland tonight.  Over the two legs Denmark deserve to be going through.  I reckon O'Neill will resign and a good chunk of the team will retire.  It'll be awhile before before Ireland get anywhere near a playoff.

I thought O’Neil had just signed a new contract?

Schoolboy defending at times from Ireland tonight.  Over the two legs Denmark deserve to be going through.  I reckon O'Neill will resign and a good chunk of the team will retire.  It'll be awhile before before Ireland get anywhere near a playoff.

Was just thinking the same, hopefully they have a nightmare and appoint another Steve Staunton type figure.

Aye, it's the worst Irish team I've seen in a long time, too much mediocrity throughout. Doesn't seem to be many prospects to replace them with either. Dunno what'll happen to O'Neill. He's only after signing a new contract. I think the fans have ran out of patience with him. The football is turgid but most could accept that if they qualified. He's a busted flush.

1 minute ago, qos_75 said:

I thought O’Neil had just signed contract?

I may be wrong but I was under the impression his contract was up next summer.

Just now, mizfit said:

Was just thinking the same, hopefully they have a nightmare and appoint another Steve Staunton type figure.

I think Ireland find themselves with a similar issue to us.  There's no 'native' manager out there good enough at the moment to take them forward.

The Irish over the last two tournaments remind me a bit of Scotland during the last two tournaments with Brown. No youngsters coming through and leaving us having to build from scratch. 

Archived