World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gerry Armstrong is possibly the most biased commentator I’ve ever heard.

My favourite part of the game was when he spent 10 minutes of the first half bleating on about the penalty last week.

It's like he's commentating on a completely different game that only he can see.

Armstrong is absolutely convinced that Switzerland just turned up thinking that they were going to win, despite there being no evidence whatsoever to support his thesis. 

On a separate note, Steven Davis is one of the few (former) Rangers players I'm quite comfortable to admit to liking. Just a good, understated professional. 

My favourite part of the game was when he spent 10 minutes of the first half bleating on about the penalty last week.
It's like he's commentating on a completely different game that only he can see.

NI have had the Washington header half chance and a long ranger from Brunt. Switzerland have had about 6 or 7 really decent chances.,

McAuley and Evans to their credit have been absolutely superb.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

NI have had the Washington header half chance and a long ranger from Brunt. Switzerland have had about 6 or 7 really decent chances.,

McAuley and Evans to their credit have been absolutely superb.

All Seferovic ever does is miss fantastic chances though, so Northern Ireland could probably factor that into their planning.

Lichtsteiner is such an a*sehole. Must be great to have in your team.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The reason I hate Lichtsteiner is that I keep on thinking there's a guy called Rick Steiner playing. It's very off putting.

My antipathy is less amusing - I’m just bitter because he absolutely ragdolled Celtic at corners when we played Juve in the CL last 16.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Some of the diving about from the Swiss is hilarious. The one where the captain threw himself into the advertising board is my favourite so far.

It is fun.  I think they're doing it simply to wind up Gerry Anderson.  It's working.  Not the players who are rattled, here, Gerry.

"The fear factor"....

Archived