World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people are over-playing Ireland's chances here. Denmark may have been lowest ranked of the seeded teams, but they're still a handy side who have better personnel in the majority of positions. They haven't lost a competitive match in a year and recently put 4 past Poland.

I'm hoping for a last minute handball goal from Denmark. I'm sure there are a lot of genuine football fans that follow Ireland but a lot of them at Euro 2016 seemed like the kind of bellends who's only other "soccer" experience is watching da Eee Pee eeL in  pub because they are a "die hard fan" of Man Utd or Liverpool

I'm hoping for a last minute handball goal from Denmark. I'm sure there are a lot of genuine football fans that follow Ireland but a lot of them at Euro 2016 seemed like the kind of bellends who's only other "soccer" experience is watching da Eee Pee eeL in  pub because they are a "die hard fan" of Man Utd or Liverpool

Or Celtic fans with very distant relatives.

8 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

I think people are over-playing Ireland's chances here. Denmark may have been lowest ranked of the seeded teams, but they're still a handy side who have better personnel in the majority of positions. They haven't lost a competitive match in a year and recently put 4 past Poland.

I agree-Denmark looked down and out early on in the qualifiers but they've hit form at the right time

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

They seemed to draw the tie first, put the 2 balls in an empty bowl and then draw them out to decide the game order

Seems like the fairest way. Having your home leg 2nd is generally seen as advantageous, so would be a bit of a joke if the seeded team automatically got that.

Mark Langdon was saying Italy haven't had best of times against Sweden. It's not cut and dried, by any means.

ROI will hopefully come a cropper, but you never know with that gang. Their style of "football" is chronic but seems to work.

Will be tough for NI. Can see the Swiss grinding it out. Might have been different in a one off.

Croatia Will be to strong for Greeks, despite their recent dip in form.

forget 2018 - 2026 is where it's at - there is clearly a new Golden Generation of English talent on the horizon with the U17's having just beaten Brazil to reach the final of something or other (common sense would suggest it might be the U17 World Cup or similar)

once those brave lads have had another eight years of continually playing on loan at AFC Wimbledon, Fleetwood Town and West Allotment Celtic without wasting any time "developing their game" in meaningless, competitive first team matches for their parent clubs in the EPL, who will - instead - be developing the game of similarly aged players from Senegal, Burkino Faso and Bhutan - they'll be primed and ready to take on the world - we've as good as won it already - huzzah !

forget 2018 - 2026 is where it's at - there is clearly a new Golden Generation of English talent on the horizon with the U17's having just beaten Brazil to reach the final of something or other (common sense would suggest it might be the U17 World Cup or similar) once those brave lads have had another eight years of continually playing on loan at AFC Wimbledon, Fleetwood Town and West Allotment Celtic without wasting any time "developing their game" in meaningless, competitive first team matches for their parent clubs in the EPL, who will - instead - be developing the game of similarly aged players from Senegal, Burkino Faso and Bhutan - they'll be primed and ready to take on the world - we've as good as won it already - huzzah !  

wsc366_biggest-455-600-800-100.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived