World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Meatwad said:

Panama's equaliser wasn't even over the line  :lol:

Haha, 

Even still the yanks have nobody else to blame than themselves.  A draw against the last placed team in the group would have seen them through on goal difference but they completely shat it.  

Mind boggles how USA can f**k up what is surely the easiest route to the tournament. FIFA won't be happy.

Did someone mention taking the 2022 WC off Qatar and giving it to USA so that they definitely qualify next time...

Aye but about 40 of them were probably against American Samoa

Cant be arsed checking wiki but I dont think Scott Mcdonald ever scored an international goal. Quite amazing given he scored a few in the champions league but not against the tripe Austrailia used to regularly play.

America  :lol:

Our US-based correspondents will have to keep us posted on the seethe levels next summer. I'd imagine wider society will just pretend the tournament isn't happening, but commentary on games involving Panama should be hilarious after 'the goal that never was'.

Cant be arsed checking wiki but I dont think Scott Mcdonald ever scored an international goal. Quite amazing given he scored a few in the champions league but not against the tripe Austrailia used to regularly play.

Correct he never scored for the Socceroos although the tripest team he faced was India. All his caps were after Australia moved from the Oceania confederation.

The Australian Brian McClair

A man, a plan,  a canal, Panama.

Best. Palindrome. Ever.

Are we not pure? “No, sir!” Panama’s moody Noriega brags. “It is garbage!” Irony dooms a man—a prisoner up to new era.

Doc note, I dissent - a fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod.

I know, pallindromes thread for this pish.

Amazing that Chile won't be there. Quite surprising that USA won't be there. Brazil seem to have coasted though the group but I thought the general feeling was that Brazil were a bit pish? Could they be dark horses for next year (if Brazil ever could be considered a dark horse)?

Archived