World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Was Gareth Southgate in the running for the permanent job?

Maybe this draw isn't such a bad result for them...

I think unless we go for a foreign manager he's still going to be the front runner...

With the exception of Hart and Andros Townsend, that was a pretty shambolic performance.

40 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

We're getting pummelled here.

Joe Hart's save a few minutes ago was astonishing as well.

"Pummelled" to a 0-0 draw.

You don't know how lucky you are.

8 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I think unless we go for a foreign manager he's still going to be the front runner...

With the exception of Hart and Andros Townsend, that was a pretty shambolic performance.

That was fucking shocking!!! Stones and Cahill were laughable at times. Set pieces are still shambolic. Sturridge and Walcott were non exsistent, although I have a certain amount of sympathy for Sturridge. Henderson was rank rotten, cheers Joe Hart though, kidnapped a point

2 hours ago, Markka said:

Was that not a 5-0 drubbing or something ridiculous like that?

No, you're thinking of Argentina's 6-1 demolition when Maradona was in charge. Brazil only lost 2-0, and I remember reading that some of the Brazillian players were staggering around by the end due to the high altitude at La Paz. Bolivia were banned from playing their games there for a while, but IIRC they've been allowed to resume, for all the good it's done them since.

Edit: yep, here's the details.

Terrific 2nd half defensive performance from Norn Iron in Germany tonight after being 2 down after 17 mins, shame they couldn't nick a goal that their fans so richly deserved! Huge game Vs Azerbaijan at Windsor next up!! GAWA

Terrific 2nd half defensive performance from Norn Iron in Germany tonight after being 2 down after 17 mins, shame they couldn't nick a goal that their fans so richly deserved! Huge game Vs Azerbaijan at Windsor next up!! GAWA

*Inhales sharply through teeth*

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2016 at 05:49, Eednud said:

Thailand v Australia game next month gets OK to be played in Bangkok but no joyful activities and no colourful clothes please. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-22/thailand-v-australia-to-go-ahead-but-no-joy-permitted/7956948?section=sport

Sounds like this fun time Iran had for one of their games recently.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/11/iran-football-fans-asked-wear-black-religious-event-world-cup-qualifier

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Latino Lover said:

It'll be live on betting sites

Which betting sites offer the best quality streams of live games?  I remember William Hill had Copa America on their site one time and the video player was tiny and you couldn't increase the size of it or make it go full screen.

6 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Which betting sites offer the best quality streams of live games?  I remember William Hill had Copa America on their site one time and the video player was tiny and you couldn't increase the size of it or make it go full screen.

Been a while since I bothered Betfair was usually ok & bet365 have a small screen also 

Argies thrashed 3-0 in Belo Horizonte leaving them outside qualifying places including play off v NZ (probably) for first time in ages.  Should still make it possibly at Double South American champions Chile's expense. Brazil and Uruguay well clear now and Paraguay's second half implosion home to Peru has brought the Inca's into consideration for an unlikely first qualification since 1982.  Venezuela recorded their first win of the campaign emphatically desposing of Bolivia 5-0. Argentina host Colombia Tuesday with Brazil travelling to Lima, Chile host Uruguay, Ecuador should have no problems with Venezuela up in Quito and Los Guaranies also face an uphill task in La Paz. 

Archived