"I Became A Meme; Vote Alexander in 2015"

yoda

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot wait to see the reaction on his face when he is pumped fucking rotten in May.

It will be beautiful.

think he already knows, so he will be prepared for it

"You have got Le Penn in France, Wilders in Holland, the Tea Party in the US. This country is no different. You have Ukip trying to pull us out of one union or the SNP trying to break up the UK."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/danny-alexander-asks-tories-to-save-his-skin-1-3719004

What a nasty nasty man.

I have my doubts whether Alexander's huge majority can be bridged but with desperate comments like this, maybe he is less confident.

"You have got Le Penn in France, Wilders in Holland, the Tea Party in the US. This country is no different. You have Ukip trying to pull us out of one union or the SNP trying to break up the UK."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/danny-alexander-asks-tories-to-save-his-skin-1-3719004

What a nasty nasty man.

I have my doubts whether Alexander's huge majority can be bridged but with desperate comments like this, maybe he is less confident.

Never mind all that pish, what about all the veggies he's ostracized with that recipe? More like a recipe for disaster if you want my opinion.

Grimbo

I have my doubts whether Alexander's huge majority can be bridged

The SNP are going to overturn a literal 50 point lead in Coatbridge. They're going to have no bother whatsoever against a ginger, Tory-propping twat who is the only man to be simultaneously chinless and double-chinned.

What a nasty nasty man.

Danny Alexander is out on his tits come May, have no fear of that.

From the Treasury to the job centre in one fell swoop. Pleasing.

• 5 weeks later...

Inverness is conspicuous by the absence of "Scottish" Labour livery.

I can't decide whether:

They can't be bothered

They have no resource

They are throwing it in the hope that their vote will go to their no voting cohort Alexander.

Inverness is conspicuous by the absence of "Scottish" Labour livery. I can't decide whether: They can't be bothered They have no resource They are throwing it in the hope that their vote will go to their no voting cohort Alexander.

In fairness, that's pretty much all they can do. They haven't the money or the boots on the ground to do much more than try to prevent their branch manager and shadow cabinet members from getting emptied. They'd be mad even bothering getting involved in seats they're not defending.

Inverness is conspicuous by the absence of "Scottish" Labour livery.

I can't decide whether:

They can't be bothered

They have no resource

[bThey are throwing it in the hope that their vote will go to their no voting cohort Alexander.[/b]

That mindset from SLab wouldn't surprise me but it shows how little they think of the electorate. The overwhelming majority of Labour voters will not vote for someone who has aided and abetted a Tory government.

Inverness is conspicuous by the absence of "Scottish" Labour livery. I can't decide whether: They can't be bothered They have no resource They are throwing it in the hope that their vote will go to their no voting cohort Alexander.

Even the loony from the Christian Party has managed to stick up a few signs.

Alexander and his merry band of Liberal Democrats have started a war of attrition when it comes to flyers and leaflets.

I've been inundated with personalised letters (as has everyone else who lives in the house), little magazines, and leaflets. It's fucking ridiculous. The top brass must be pouring money into his campaign because ScoLabour and ScoCon have managed three letters between them.

Danny's main attack is the "SNP UNDERFUND NHS HIGHLAND! DANNY WILL STOP THAT!".

How can he? (If it is indeed the case) it's a Holyrood matter.

If I get the opportunity to ask him (or indeed any of his hand picked group of canvassers), I'll ask. Unfortunately I've yet to bump into a LD stall in Inverness city centre and - albeit it is a fairly sizeable constituency so they can't be everywhere - the Liberal Democrats don't canvass where I stay. They have a select few areas where they canvass in Inverness.

Fair play to them though, preying on those who don't realise that Westminster can't dictate SNP policy at Holyrood. It's a guarantee of a couple hundred votes.

It is the case. Or at least it appears to be the case that NHS Highland (including Argyll & Bute) is underfunded but promises have been made about a slight funding increase over 2015/16. Alexander will probably get a fair few votes based on discontent over the SNP's policies impacting on the Highlands (i.e., centralisation of essential services).

Paddy Ashdown was just on Sky News saying he could "guarantee" that Beaker would keep his seat.

Does he know something we don't, given Ashcroft had him 29% behind the SNP?

Archived