Celtic vs St Johnstone 04/3/15

The perth saints gave us our toughest match domestically in some time the other week.

A club I admire in a way, have always played decent stuff no matter their manager and a decent support, even though they dont get the numbers their success in recent years deserves.

Although Dave Mackay does play from them, fud!

Im going 3-1 Celtic, Griffiths, GMS & Brown with O'Halloran replying

Discuss

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The perth saints gave us our toughest match domestically in some time the other week.

A club I admire in a way, have always played decent stuff no matter their manager and a decent support, even though they dont get the numbers their success in recent years deserves.

Although Dave Mackay does play from them, fud!

Im going 3-1 Celtic, Griffiths, GMS & Brown with O'Halloran replying

Discuss

why is dave mackay a fud?

Anyone who's associated with a Celtic player being punished for something is hated. Celtic player dives and gets Dave Mackay sent off, Dave Mackay become satan reincarnate.

This game is the most pointless, tedious, non-event in the entire league calendar. We either play utterly shite and lose, or we challenge Celtic, get denied stonewall penalties before they score or get their own penalty. With Calum Murray being appointed ref, it'll likely be the second option.

Not too worry though, this fixture has literally no bearing at all on our final league position.

Fucking £25 a ticket? Robbing c***s

To sit behind a pillar and be slavered on by some raving Glaswegian who has no interest in the game.

Don't we charge £26 for games against Celtic?

Yeah, but that makes us look bad and Celtic look good, HSF.

I'm playing tennis on Wednesday night. Might check the result on Thursday morning.

Deila will be keen to give the players a rest especially with the DU triple-header. Hopefully give some squad players a run out Henderson, Wakaso, Scepovic etc and see what they can do. Could be an interesting match

With a break after this, hopefully a real focus from Saints on trying to get something rather than just taking the attitude of getting the game out of the way. I'd make a one change, although accept Frazer Wright might not make it either. I'd play McFadden instead of Kane as his bravery on the ball could bring us some joy and O'Halloran can still hopefully provide an out ball. Was really impressed by the way Aberdeen retained possession for the first hour on Sunday and would like to see us display that sort of belief. Could also make a case on similar grounds for Brown to play ahead of Davidson but his performance at Inverness left so much to be desired. He's maybe been unfortunate that unlike Croft at Ibrox, he's never been given the opportunity to put it right.

As usual, just want us to stay in the game for as long as possible to keep a sense of interest. We've managed that pretty well in the last few years bar a couple of tankings. Dreadful feeling when you've been sat there for only a few minutes and are a goal down.

Yeh I was thinking the same with McFadden or Swanson to cause them a problem. Their defence are giants and generally dominate everyone in the air and physically.

Faddy taking them on and playing wee thru balls for MOH would be something they might not be so comfortable with.

No silly mistakes, as per Ando the first game and Scobbie a couple of weeks ago, let's give ourselves a chance. To be fair to Celtic, they do force a lot of the mistakes with their pressing game.

Their defence are giants and generally dominate everyone in the air and physically.

Almost better to just not compete directly against the centre backs as it also creates another obstacle for van Dijk when he tries to drive forward. Try and either hold the ball so we can work ourselves into attacking areas or, like you say, use the pace of O'Halloran in behind but from forty yards further up the pitch than the centre backs launching it. All sounds easy on here though!

Archived