Locking of topics

Sgt Fury 1

Moderators cannot be expected to read every thread and must rely on posters to bring any breaking of the rules to their attention. Unfortunately there are people out there who think their positions in the junior game are deserving of respect without earning it. These people like to dish it out but when given a taste of their own medicine don't like it and go crying to the mods. A good moderator will treat everyone fairly, remain calm, considerate and display his common sense. A lazy mod will just take the word of the complainant and lock or remove the reported thread....................then there's the "bawbag" type who do not understand their position, take advantage of it and abuse their powers.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha the buffs trying to sweep things under the carpet again!!!

You're a bit slow, aren't you?

Nothing to do with the Buffs or a cover up of any sort - as has been stated by mods and posters throughout this thread.

I was likely responsible for the thread being chopped. Until there is conclusive proof of wrongdoing these accusations shouldn't be permitted.

Sgt Fury 1, on 25 Feb 2015 - 18:48, said:

Just looking for an answer to a simple question, but it looks like free speech is only ok for some.

Free speech? Pie and Bovril is not a democracy, and there's only free speech on a forum like this to the point that mods decide there isn't.

I'd suggest that, if you have a problem with this, you just f**k off.

A mod can also ban a poster if they take a dislike to them or if one of their friends moans about another poster thus getting them banned.

Freedom of speech is going out of the window.

Not acceptable.

Ban him Now

You're a bit slow, aren't you?

Nothing to do with the Buffs or a cover up of any sort - as has been stated by mods and posters throughout this thread.

I was likely responsible for the thread being chopped. Until there is conclusive proof of wrongdoing these accusations shouldn't be permitted.

nobody from the buffs would make a complaint on here and get posts removed ect! no! never! #sweepsweep

You've been droning on with whataboutery about this for 7 hours now, and you've been given clear reasons by a mod. Maybe that will give you a clue why they don't have to give reasons for closing a thread. By the way, the examples you've given are public knowledge and therefore legal to repeat. Making unsubstantiated criminal allegations on here could get not only the person who makes them into bother but also the people who run the forum. That's why they have to lock threads occasionally, when they happen to spot it.

Thank you for summing it up better than I could

I think we can consider the matter closed now

A mod can also ban a poster if they take a dislike to them or if one of their friends moans about another poster thus getting them banned.

Freedom of speech is going out of the window.

I can honestly say that has never happened.

The Freedom of Speech line never gets old :lol:

nobody from the buffs would make a complaint on here and get posts removed ect! no! never! #sweepsweep

You previously said on here that the situation between yourself and the Buffs eventually ended amicably, so why do you constantly berate anything Buffs related?

I think your just bitter, and you can't stand the positivity and stability at AP these days.

You've been droning on with whataboutery about this for 7 hours now, and you've been given clear reasons by a mod. Maybe that will give you a clue why they don't have to give reasons for closing a thread. By the way, the examples you've given are public knowledge and therefore legal to repeat. Making unsubstantiated criminal allegations on here could get not only the person who makes them into bother but also the people who run the forum. That's why they have to lock threads occasionally, when they happen to spot it.

Nope! Not buying it!

If the thread was removed because of the sectarian abuse accusation, why was the thread 'Kilwinning Rangers Season 14/15' not removed? It was on this thread that the accusations first broke and it is still there for all to see.

I'm guessing that it has been removed because someone from the Buffs has used some kind of influence with a mod to get it removed because of the protest.

Seriously what a state to get into over a junior football forum.

Nobody from the Buffs has any influence over this website, so let's dispel that myth immediately.

A mod decided to remove the thread. Welshbairn has summed up the reasons for the removal perfectly and Mr X has confirmed this.

I hope your initial question has been answered albeit over a long drawn out process.

Time to move on.

P.S This thread locked by me as initial questions have been answered and we are now way off topic

Archived