Locking of topics

Sgt Fury 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mods decide. Sometimes topics are reported sometimes the mods read them and decide its not appropriate

I see, so if a mod doesn't like what is being said about his club. He can lock the topic without even an explanation. What happened to freedom of speech?

I see, so if a mod doesn't like what is being said about his club. He can lock the topic without even an explanation. What happened to freedom of speech?

Theres only one mod who supports a junior team and he isnt that petty. As WB said, the poster who started the topic can also lock it

Freedom of speech :lol:

There's been 10 posts now of tippy tappying here. Thank you for at least responding Mr X but you're coming across as a wee bit sniffy about it.

The point is that there could and should be a method of explaining the specific reason behind locking a thread.

The fact that it gets locked means that the moderator has obviously deemed it inappropriate, but for the sake of nothing else but education for future posts, there should be an explanation given to the offending party/parties.

Wait.....unless there is??????????

You can phone Div if you aren't happy.

Its a loosely moderated forum, don't think mods will be going around all guns blazing locking threads. If they were the sites popularity would dip, costing Div money and as a result I'm sure he does the odd bit of checking on what mods are up to.

There's been 10 posts now of tippy tappying here. Thank you for at least responding Mr X but you're coming across as a wee bit sniffy about it.

The point is that there could and should be a method of explaining the specific reason behind locking a thread.

The fact that it gets locked means that the moderator has obviously deemed it inappropriate, but for the sake of nothing else but education for future posts, there should be an explanation given to the offending party/parties.

Wait.....unless there is??????????

Mods have other lives too, sometimes its not possible there and then to give an explanation. Maybe if the OP had been a little less conspiratorial and actually asked about a particular thread, he would have got a straight answer with less tippy tappying.

Sometimes, its very obvious why a thread is locked ...

Someone did post complaining of slanderous rumours being put about. And there were allegations of criminal behaviour. That could give the forum bother.

... like this.

To be, brutally, honest if you need someone to explain that this kind of thing is not acceptable on a public forum then maybe the internet isnt for you.

I've had a look through the locked thread and can find nothing slanderous or rumoured. I think the comments are quite explicit.

The point I am trying to make in my roundabout fashion, is why is there not an explanation as to why it was locked?

That way we might be able to avoid a repeat.

I've had a look through the locked thread and can find nothing slanderous or rumoured. I think the comments are quite explicit.

The point I am trying to make in my roundabout fashion, is why is there not an explanation as to why it was locked?

That way we might be able to avoid a repeat.

I cant comment because you still havent actually said which locked thread has got your panties in such a bunch.

As I said, sometimes there isnt time to give an explanation at the time, sometimes its pretty obvious.

If you want an explanation as to why a specific thread has been locked, just ask, but specifically

Archived