Kilbirnie v Hurlford. Sat 21 Feb.

Larky55

cheers to the pie lady Jimmy :) managed to last the full 90 minutes

No probs mate glad to help

Hurlford brought a decent crowd today good to see the town getting behind the team, best of luck for rest of season hopefully we will still be in the premier next season to lock horns again ....

No probs mate glad to help Hurlford brought a decent crowd today good to see the town getting behind the team, best of luck for rest of season hopefully we will still be in the premier next season to lock horns again ....

You right it is nice to see more interest in the club. Some of the guys who came back for the cup matches are regulars at league games this season - hopefully that will continue.

I know it's small comfort, but I cant see Ladeside going down this season. Shotts and Cumnock are woeful in comparion to yourselves and I know Clydebank had a good result today, but it's a long haul out of the bottom three for them.

So - see you next season.

You right it is nice to see more interest in the club. Some of the guys who came back for the cup matches are regulars at league games this season - hopefully that will continue.

I know it's small comfort, but I cant see Ladeside going down this season. Shotts and Cumnock are woeful in comparion to yourselves and I know Clydebank had a good result today, but it's a long haul out of the bottom three for them.

So - see you next season.

Hopefully mate hopefully.....

It took Hurlford around 15 seconds to go in front. The Kilbirnie defence admired an effort by Hurlfords no 10 from the left edge of the 18yd box that much they all stood & watched it roll into the back of their net.

Richie Barr didn't help his team, when he lunged into a challenge on a Hurlford lad on the halfway line right in front of the dugouts. The ref quite correctly had the red card in the air before Richie had hit the ground.

Fords gaffer was also sent in the fracas that followed this incident.

The Kilbirnie 10 battled well against the visitors & went close on a few occasions. Their no 14 had the ball in the net with 5mns to go when he reacted quickest to a loose ball on the 6 yd line but he was flaged offside.

At times during the game Hurlford were tremendous their no 10 adding to his early opener, with a goal half way through the 2nd half when he glanced a header home from the penalty spot from an intelligent free kick played in from the right around 25 yds out.

Hurlford no 10 was the finest player afield, outstanding.

Both teams provided a decent match in very tough weather conditions.

would be interested in the views of some Ford fans on our display today

You gave Hurlford a harder time than Bo'ness did anyway. There was a lack of a cutting edge in the middle. Even before the red card Hurlford's midfield dominated and it was easy after Barr was sent off. It's hard to say exactly how well you did as I've not seen you play this season.

Having backed Hurlford (with a wee 'saver' on Talbot :P )to retain the trophy,and not having managed,so far,to take in one of their games,I've got to say that the reports on here,and on other threads,are quite encouraging.

Question is,can they make it a cup and league double?

You gave Hurlford a harder time than Bo'ness did anyway. There was a lack of a cutting edge in the middle. Even before the red card Hurlford's midfield dominated and it was easy after Barr was sent off. It's hard to say exactly how well you did as I've not seen you play this season.

Most teams have dominated our midfield. Its been like that for the past 2 season. They don't provide for the attackers, and don't provide any cover for defence.

would be interested in the views of some Ford fans on our display today

I thought Kilbirnie were more of a handful in the league game last month and posed more of a threat in front of goal than they did yesterday. Similar to us in the league match they did appear to up their game after they went a man down.

I would say we were more dominant in last weeks match against Bo'ness than we were yesterday but that may be due to playing against a team from the same league. It was also encouraging to keep another clean sheet.

Cmon The'FORD

I thought Kilbirnie were more of a handful in the league game last month and posed more of a threat in front of goal than they did yesterday. Similar to us in the league match they did appear to up their game after they went a man down.

I would say we were more dominant in last weeks match against Bo'ness than we were yesterday but that may be due to playing against a team from the same league. It was also encouraging to keep another clean sheet.

Cmon The'FORD

You wouldn't have had a clean sheet if the linesman had done his job properly. Very poor decision to disallow the goal with a couple of minutes left - Boydie was well onside. It probably wouldn't have made any difference, but the last couple of minutes might have been interesting!

You wouldn't have had a clean sheet if the linesman had done his job properly. Very poor decision to disallow the goal with a couple of minutes left - Boydie was well onside. It probably wouldn't have made any difference, but the last couple of minutes might have been interesting!

was absolute miles onside..linesman was a joke all game for both sides

Archived