Medda v bankies

Bestjuniorfan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That penalty decision is actually worse than I remember it. Holy f**k!

Yip. Gets worse every time you see it. Any club that didnt get it would be fuming as there is no excuse for the ref and his linesman for not giving it. Its not as if the ball changes direction to show the defender got a touch or the Meadow player wasnt thru on goal.

My thoughts, without having viewed the highlights or my own footage:

First half we were clinical and took the chances presented to us, while Meadow were denied by a couple of fine saves by our keeper Hamilton. I'd call it a bit of an even first half, although the Meadow number 4 should've walked for an obvious professional foul, there was zero intent for the ball and weak officiating let Meadow off the hook for that one.

Second half, we continued to charge forward looking for chances and Shelvey's positive run was ended by Staunton, who simply had to walk - his reaction afterwards merited another red IMO. Meadow's penalty shout was a pretty solid one, the ref immediately sought help from his assistant who thought it wasn't a pen and cue half the team and the Meadow bench getting in the assistant's face, forcing the game to be stopped. We've not had a lot of luck this season, it's nice to see it go for us for once but we fully merited the victory I feel as Meadow's attacking ideas were quite limited. Quickly bombing down the left and crossing it in was replaced by route one balls to Sawyer who used his ample frame to its full, and came close to equalising only to be denied by the post. But the chances we squandered - I was convinced we were going to regret missing them. Thankfully we didn't, and this hard-fought victory is something we can hopefully build on.

Well done Bankies - hope we sign our number 10 today, had a huge impact on the game.

Having watched the highlights the ref got most things correct but we shouldve finished with 10 men with shelvey bringing down mccann. Our players looked really up for it wee barclay in about everything well played.well done Andy p with getting our players away from Staunton as he wis looking for someone 2 react when he got sent off. Let's build on it next week.

Mon the papers

Howler from the ref not to award the penalty but looking at the highlights the Bankies penalty and Staunton second yellow looked correct decisions to me.

Smashing finish from the Trialist to put Bankies in front and he could and perhaps should have added to his tally late in the game when Bankies passed up numerous chances to kill the game off By all accounts both Bankies debutants had fine games. Here's hoping we can build on this next week at home to Cumnock.

Well done Bankies !

According to the ref he was unsighted, what else was there for him to watch, and relying on the linesman, and will apologise if he got it wrong, that will help. Poor first half from us today and bad goals to lose. All the Bankies chances were when our 10 men were chasing the game and l eaving gaps at the back. We need to win our last 6 games to have any chance of the League and need to be a lot better than we have of late 5 points from 18 after 30 frm 30.

According to the ref he was unsighted, what else was there for him to watch, and relying on the linesman, and will apologise if he got it wrong, that will help. Poor first half from us today and bad goals to lose. All the Bankies chances were when our 10 men were chasing the game and l eaving gaps at the back. We need to win our last 6 games to have any chance of the League and need to be a lot better than we have of late 5 points from 18 after 30 frm 30.

did use have 10 men when we scored both goals?

Loaded with man flu this weekend but took in the game with a Meadow mate and i have to say it was a very entertaining game.

I thought Bankies thoroughly deserved the three points though.

They squandered umpteen guilt edged chances (how many times did the Medda keeper kick a clearance straight at an opposing player btw) and played a very clever counting attacking game.

Meadow should have had a pen - outrageous decision but up until the last 20 mins were second best all over the park.

Their midfield - unlike last season - lacks any creativity. Thomson and Murch were constantly caught in possession and their distribution was awful. They slow down counter attacks imo too. If it wasn't for wee Gary McCann, Meadow would struggle to create anything.

Thought Sawyers strength made a difference when he came on and that made Bankies nervous. Still, they should have buried one of the countless great chances they had to put the game to bed.

Tremendous result and puts us in with a fighting chance, when most of us had already written this season off. Need to make sure we follow it up with a win v Cumnock.

Looking at the highlights the ref made a c*nt of a few decisions. Makes a change from them going against us, as has seemed the case this season. Hopefully a sign of our luck turning.

Medda team has to change! No wins in the last three games? Poor. Why change the team and positions after beating Talbot? That's the best I've seen the team now it's back to square one. Same players trying every week and the same ones that let us down

Archived