Peterhead v Ayr

After Saturdays very solid performance I expect a much closer affair than the last time we came to Balmoor. Ayr's starting to look much sharper and quicker than previously and I believe overall we are a much better team than before. I'm confident we will stay up and a win would certainly boost those chances. Preston was looking good and is clearly very hungry to hit the back of the net, he will definitely score a good few goals in the remainder of the season. If Murphy is fit we must move Devlin out into RWB where he is at his best. Crawford's injury didn't look clever on Saturday and if he doesn't play I expect Murray to go into midfield.

Tight game with a draw as a result. 2-2 Preston and Forrest for Ayr with Riley getting a double for Peterhead. post-43636-14241123685352_thumb.jpg preferred line up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the post match interview McCall alluded to the fact he wanted to have Devlin at RB and Murray in the middle of the park. So Crawford being injured would probably put him and Robertson in the middle of a 4? Unless with Gilmour coming back from suspension he sticks with the 3-5-2 and has those 3 in the middle.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we could take 6 out of the next 12 points. Would be a massive boost for us.

2-1 Ayr.

Agreed, six points would be ideal.

Played 4-4-2 on Saturday and we looked much better so I think McCall will stick with the same shape.

It didn't sound too promising for Robertson's ankle ligaments and I'd be pleasantly surprised if Crawford was able to play so soon after the way he crumpled on Saturday. Hopefully they both make it and we can stick with the same XI!

In the post match interview McCall alluded to the fact he wanted to have Devlin at RB and Murray in the middle of the park. So Crawford being injured would probably put him and Robertson in the middle of a 4? Unless with Gilmour coming back from suspension he sticks with the 3-5-2 and has those 3 in the middle.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we could take 6 out of the next 12 points. Would be a massive boost for us.

2-1 Ayr.

Anything but Gilmour. Anything.

After Saturdays very solid performance I expect a much closer affair than the last time we came to Balmoor. Ayr's starting to look much sharper and quicker than previously and I believe overall we are a much better team than before. I'm confident we will stay up and a win would certainly boost those chances. Preston was looking good and is clearly very hungry to hit the back of the net, he will definitely score a good few goals in the remainder of the season. If Murphy is fit we must move Devlin out into RWB where he is at his best. Crawford's injury didn't look clever on Saturday and if he doesn't play I expect Murray to go into midfield.

Tight game with a draw as a result. 2-2 Preston and Forrest for Ayr with Riley getting a double for Peterhead. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1424112366.415952.jpg preferred line up.

Dropping Murray in order to facilitate Murphy :lol:

According to a comment Crawford made on FB the injury eased off a lot and doesn't seem as bad as it looked at the time. Hopeful to be playing Saturday.

He was up standing with an icepack on his knee on Sat, didnt look too bad, think he had just taken a kicking and jarred it a bit

I think Rory McAllister is still suspended for this game so we will be short of firepower up front. Hopefully Jamie Stevenson will be fit and can inspire us to a much needed win. It should be a close game much like our 3-2 win at Ayr which has to be replayed because of a cock-up.

No stopped your lot before....

Actually think Rory missed the last time you were up & actually think that was one of our better performances this season. Also for anyone coming up you now need to buy tickets before the match now as no cash taken at the turnstiles..

Actually think Rory missed the last time you were up & actually think that was one of our better performances this season. Also for anyone coming up you now need to buy tickets before the match now as no cash taken at the turnstiles..

What a ridiculous idea for a 3rd tier club, are we expecting over 5000 for this clash of the titans?

What a ridiculous idea for a 3rd tier club, are we expecting over 5000 for this clash of the titans?

This has been discussed before but just thought I would let any Ayr supporters coming so they knew the score. Think its partly to speed things up through the turnstiles. Seem to remember a few seasons back having to purchase a ticket to get into Somerset don't know if it was only for away supporters or not. Anyway you would pass the ticket office on your way from the bus to the social club so no great hassle.

No stopped your lot before....

McAllister did play in the fixture at Balmoor earlier in the season but was fairly annonymous. I was actually looking at this last night: McAllister has missed five league matches during this season and last and Peterhead have W0, D3, L2.

Archived