Morton v Stranraer

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a strong attacking force although we're lacking at the back, obviously. Going to be missing Peaso again which is baws, Dece and Caldwell should do the trick. A home game gives us the upper hand to an extent but I'm worried about this one, if Duffy doesn't start tinkering with the team again it'll be a narrow Ton win.

Did we not win 4-0 earlier on in the season when Stranraer last visited cappielow? I would imagine this will be a more difficult match, would take a scrappy 1-0 right now.

Yes but IIRC they were down to 10 men for most of the match.

Anyway, this is a game we really need to be winning if we want to keep the pressure on Stranraer at the top. A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world but it would mean we'd be relying on Stranraer dropping points in other games which they don't do very often. We are however unbeaten since the start of January which is something to build on.

We don't have Peaso for this game which obviously isn't ideal but Caldwell & McManus are still both good enough to cause any team in this division problems.

1-0 Morton.

When did Morton last turn up for a 'Must win' game?

Without Peaso (and Tidser) and with that keech defence, Stranraer must have a damned good chance of three points.....

......BUT hope springs eternal so I'll go for a scrappy as f**k 0-0 draw. :rolleyes:

When did Morton last turn up for a 'Must win' game?

Does it depend upon which back of fag packet definition of "must win" you're about to make up in order to suit your idiotic contribution? Bookies have closed the book on that outcome IMO.

Stranraer can afford to lose, we probably can't. Difficult one to call given that our marked improvement in results recently hasn't actually been complemented by convincing performances: we're either grinding out the results that titles are made from or doing it wrong and will get found out on Saturday.

Stranraer haven't lost on the road since we pumped them that day.

Credit to them, they looked awful back then, even with 11 men!

With duffy playing selection roulette, who knows how we will line up.

Should have enough to win but expecting a right tough game.

Stranraer haven't lost on the road since we pumped them that day.

Credit to them, they looked awful back then, even with 11 men!

With duffy playing selection roulette, who knows how we will line up.

Should have enough to win but expecting a right tough game.

As I remember it we were having a pretty tough time until Stranraer got a man sent off.

If Peaso had been playing I'd have been pretty confident of a win... dodgy now.

As I remember it we were having a pretty tough time until Stranraer got a man sent off.

Not how I remember it, I remember saying to my mate very early on how poor they were.

That was my first time seeing McManus, looked sharp and they couldn't handle them.

Player was sent off before 18 minutes of the game. Not that tough. We can't afford to drop any more points in our next 2 games if we're going to win the league IMO.

Stranraer were down to ten men after 18mins. Morton scored with resulting spot kick. After that we were pathetic. However we weren't that good in many of the opening league games. Different story after that when wee ginge worked out his best formation and got all his players in by the end of August. He started the season 3_5_2 which was a mistake. He realised this and has gone between 4_4_2 and 4_4_1_1 . His 1 up front and Stephen Stirling in behind away from home as got us good results at East End Park.

Archived