Forfar vs Dunfermline

Guest bernardblack

With centre back being Travis' main position, it's hardly madness to be considering him playing there.

Madness considering he has been effective at right back and we have three other centre halves ahead of him in the pecking order.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madness considering he has been effective at right back and we have three other centre halves ahead of him in the pecking order.

I was more making the point that he's worth a shot there, and in the long run I think it might be the plan to start him and Dunlop at centre half.

You're absolutely right, he's been excellent at right back and I think he shouldn't be dropped when Baxter is fit, but Baxter needs to be in that defence. We can't expect to win a title with Campbell, Dods and Malcolm playing together. There isn't enough pace there. They're all effective defenders and they've all had superb performances this season, but we saw against Airdrieonians what pacy players do to them. So, I think Baxter to RB and Travis to CB, his natural position, is worth a try.

The point is, he is not going to change the back four for a game that is vitally important, particularly when Dunlop and Baxter haven't played any football in weeks.

I know, I don't even think the pair are fit enough to make the squad tomorrow. But going forward it's something he needs to look at.

A thought for those giving Dick a hard time. Who would you rather have in the dugout, DC. or Paul Hegarty. Good luck to Montrose fans with that one.

Chuckle at the part in bold.

Bur seriously, both guys have been at our club and Dick Campbell is far preferable, even if he is a nasty wee bigot.

Archived