Forfar vs Dunfermline

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I think we need Paterson to bring the experience in defence just to calm things down when the heat is on and get rid of things instead of faffing about.

Really? I doubt any other Forfar supporters will disagree, we weren't disappointed to see Paterson leave. Probably our worst player this season. We all had high hopes that didn't materialise.

Really? I doubt any other Forfar supporters will disagree, we weren't disappointed to see Paterson leave. Probably our worst player this season. We all had high hopes that didn't materialise.

Teams need some sort of experience to do the grity stuff, especially in defence. You already had that, we didn't. Maybe because he wasn't different to the norm in Forfar's defence he was a dissapointment? That's why I think he should play because we can't be naive in this match or it'll be another defeat at Station Park.

Teams need some sort of experience to do the grity stuff, especially in defence. You already had that, we didn't. Maybe because he wasn't different to the norm in Forfar's defence he was a dissapointment? That's why I think he should play because we can't be naive in this match or it'll be another defeat at Station Park.

Paterson was another slow defender, not as bad as Dods, but a reasonable stopper. His passing was diabolical, giving the ball away with virtually every pass. Just saying. Good luck to the guy and I hope he has success at East End Park but has stinkers against the Loons and is a God against Morton lol

Brilliant yano is staying till the end of the season , always try's his hardest and never hides

Can't believe the Blairgowrie sex symbol , house wife's favourite , never started last week , he will be gutted , missing a tv appearance

At least if he doesn't start against Dunfermline he may be able to weed out the the stand side rats (so called forfar fans ) that shout abuse at their own players , hopefully we don't get that this week & everybody gets behind the team

Good to see Ryan Williamson get 90 mins for the U20s tonight. Would be good to have him, at the least, in contention for a place in the 18 man squad for this weekend. Hopefully Paul George coming off with a hamstring niggle isn't too bad and was caught in plenty time to allow him to be fit for Saturday. I liked what I saw when he came on and would definitely play him ahead of Hopkirk this weekend.

Team for me would be,

Scully

Williamson, Buchanan, Martin, Whittle

George, McAusland, Spence, ???

Allan, Barrowman

Not sure who for left midfield, Hopkirk was poor against Stenhousemuir although i can't think of many alternatives.

Fais possibly? If Williamson is fully fit he should start but if he's still not match fit, I'd put him on the bench.

Don't know about starting Allan immediately. He'll probably start on the bench and get chucked on the last 20 minutes.

Even though Hopkirk was disappointing, i still think he would get played ahead of El Bak, as i am not convinced Potter rates him. I will be extremely surprised if he's here next season tbh.

In regards to Allan, i am assuming he's been signed on the basis that he's better than what we currently have, so for that reason i would give him the nod.

Even though Hopkirk was disappointing, i still think he would get played ahead of El Bak, as i am not convinced Potter rates him. I will be extremely surprised if he's here next season tbh.

In regards to Allan, i am assuming he's been signed on the basis that he's better than what we currently have, so for that reason i would give him the nod.

Fair point.

Stirling/Hopkirk should be on the left with George on the right. We persist with this 3 CMs and one winger formation that doesn't work. It needs to change ASAP. We have enough players that can play wide now for it to happen.

Archived