Forfar vs Dunfermline

Not heading to this one but hoping we get three points. Forfar will be looking to bounce back and we really need to show that we can beat one of the top four otherwise we really dont have much chance in the playoffs or even challenging the top two. Despite scoring two im not sure playing Barrowman alongside moff is the answer as long balls will not work against forfar. Need to take the game to them and try to isolate their defence as they're a bit slow.

Prediction very hard fought 1-2 pars win.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Above you in the league, beaten you already at home and should've beaten you away probably the main reasons we would be slight favourites.

I think we need to win a "big" game against one of the challengers also if we are serious about promotion.

Nothing to fear from this Forfar side, awful against Airdrie.

I actually thought we played on up at Forfar the last time, Gozie missed a couple of sitters and Douglas pulled of a worldy against Moffat.

Forfar 1-3 Dunfermline

Nothing to fear against them at all. Hopefully Buchanan is alright for this. Need our big players.

Would start Paterson ahead of Whittle if fit enough. We cannot afford mistakes like we did against Stenny here.

Paul George might have done enough to get his place in the starting XI. He definitely changed things going forward against Stenny and Hopkirk didn't impress me at all.

Based on last weekend Forfar are there for the taking, need to play well from the start tho.

Tempted to play Taxi Thommo for some physicall presence.

Don't see the point, young and husband are not physical players so we have no reason to fear that and if your worried about set pieces Thomson is too prone to switching off so we don't really gain from playing him.

Thomson has been unlucky that he was injured and never got back in the side since then. He was definitely improving and he grew on me. He should have went out on loan in my opinion.

A draw would be a reasonable point for us, I hope we just go at the gun ho. Let them worry about us attacking - is the way to approach this game for our best chance of a win. Imo.

f**k settling for a point, another three points are needed. Massive set of games coming up in the next three weeks or so. Our shocking season so far has left us with an awful lot to do but we can still do it. Clearly showed good spirit and fight last week even if we apparently didn't play very well. I'll take that again on Saturday. We need to string several wins together and build up confidence levels again.

A point at Forfar taken in isolation isn't a bad result by any means but we've got a big gap to try and close so anything other than a win will be disappointing.

Whilst he is prone to switching off he at least does offer a physical presence, he also isn't that at football either tbh.

Sometimes you just need someone to bully people physically and win the battle. It's not pretty but too many sides simply push our players off the ball.

Although in the second half we showed how we should be playing, we cannot go into this game starting the same as we did against Stenny. Slow pace and no movement combined with shambolic defending and Forfar will take double what Stenny took off us, as they are a much better team. This is why I think we need Paterson to bring the experience in defence just to calm things down when the heat is on and get rid of things instead of faffing about. That's what cost us the goals, although the second, pish defending as it was, was a good header.

Paul Geroge clearly has the skill and pace that we were needing in the first half of that game, Hopkirk didn't provide this. Although lumping balls forward to his head, Barrowman's and Moffat's was to blame for the most part as their centre-backs dealt with every aerial battle. The same will apply for Forfar if we carry out the same approach, just like it did in the 0-0 draw (Forfar could have quite easily won that game 5 or 6-0 by the way). Need to start the game with pace instead of inviting pressure as it's just going to result in us going behind.

Assuming everyone is fit, I would hope we go with two wingers this time:

Scully

Geggan

Martin

Buchanan

Paterson

Hopkirk

Falkingham

McAusland

George

Moffat

Barrowman

Although in the second half we showed how we should be playing, we cannot go into this game starting the same as we did against Stenny. Slow pace and no movement combined with shambolic defending and Forfar will take double what Stenny took off us, as they are a much better team.

That's obvious, and even if Forfar didn't put 3-4 past us if we start slowly they have the experience to kill the game if we let them go ahead by a couple, we need to perform well from the start.

Archived