stenhousemuir fans! bombers contacts!

Ahh cheers folks! Hopefully bomber can get results! I know him personally, you honestly couldn't meet a genuine nicer guy! He took over at alloa when maitland had left them in the dumps! With I must say a very very poor squad! I think stenny have a much better squad! And should (hopefully) be fine! Probably see more off stennys development team players in the first team aswell! All and all I think stenny will definitely be a league 1 side next year!!

Ahh cheers folks! Hopefully bomber can get results! I know him personally, you honestly couldn't meet a genuine nicer guy! He took over at alloa when maitland had left them in the dumps! With I must say a very very poor squad! I think stenny have a much better squad! And should (hopefully) be fine! Probably see more off stennys development team players in the first team aswell! All and all I think stenny will definitely be a league 1 side next year!!

There is so much wrong with that statement I hardly know where to begin. I'll try anyway.

Maitland was sacked in the changing room after the last league game of the season whilst he was talking to the players about our impending play-off matches. Our chairman has been brilliant for our club since taking the reigns but this incident was a slight blot on his record and came across as unprofessional, perhaps can be put down to being relatively new to the business ways of football as opposed to his other businesses. He seems to have learned from that though and is now on the SPFL board too.

For just two matches in four days, Scott Walker and Brown Ferguson took charge of the 'very very poor squad', some of which have gone on to become quite successful players in the 1st Division/Championship over the last 2-3 years. The team was lacking in confidence at the time and the way in which our manager was sacked I think had an adverse effect on the players too and as a result we were beaten (deservedly so!) by a pretty average Annan Athletic team in the play-off semi-finals (who were themselves beaten in the final by Albion Rovers). Strangely enough, had Scott and Brown been able to concentrate solely on playing as opposed to being co-managers for those games, then we'd probably have had a better chance of winning those games. The team seemed rather unprofessional on and off the park during the two games and we got what we deserved.

I

Can I ask how close you were too this squad and alloa that season? And name the players that were successful please?

There is so much wrong with that statement I hardly know where to begin. I'll try anyway.

Maitland was sacked in the changing room after the last league game of the season whilst he was talking to the players about our impending play-off matches. Our chairman has been brilliant for our club since taking the reigns but this incident was a slight blot on his record and came across as unprofessional, perhaps can be put down to being relatively new to the business ways of football as opposed to his other businesses. He seems to have learned from that though and is now on the SPFL board too.

For just two matches in four days, Scott Walker and Brown Ferguson took charge of the 'very very poor squad', some of which have gone on to become quite successful players in the 1st Division/Championship over the last 2-3 years. The team was lacking in confidence at the time and the way in which our manager was sacked I think had an adverse effect on the players too and as a result we were beaten (deservedly so!) by a pretty average Annan Athletic team in the play-off semi-finals (who were themselves beaten in the final by Albion Rovers). Strangely enough, had Scott and Brown been able to concentrate solely on playing as opposed to being co-managers for those games, then we'd probably have had a better chance of winning those games. The team seemed rather unprofessional on and off the park during the two games and we got what we deserved.

I

Hey Scotland-Roma,

A few years ago this plague of trialists was driving me mad, so I managed to plant the seed in Jamie Wire's (or was it HibeeJibee...) head to start a pinned thread on Infowire for folk to ask or clear up who trialists were.

Maybe you could plonk all requests in there? I know I'd check it out when the dreaded T word pops up on a teamsheet.*

*no, I don't mean Tom Taiwo.

Can I ask how close you were too this squad and alloa that season? And name the players that were successful please?

I can't say how close he was to the squad but from memory, Bryan Prunty, Jamie Ewings, Jim Lister and possibly Mark Gilhaney were all part of that squad and all of them played (in Ewings' and Gilhaney's case - still playing!) their part in us staying in the Championship the last few years. There's maybe more than just that too but my knowledge of past Alloa squads isn't great.

Guest Alessandro

Thanks for Sean Dickson what a truly wonderful team player he is.

Proof that Booth was a tool who would not know a player if he bit him on the scrotum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived