Oppositions ground, who would you choose?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought they had a roof they bought years ago from St Mirren ? Is it still in bits somewhere :P

It is actually, stored in the space next to the Cowshed turnstiles. No idea if it's being stored properly, so after about 6 years, it could be worthless by now.

eep is shit

It's an excellent ground and, facilities wise, it is by the best in League One by some distance. Alas like a lot of modern Scottish grounds, we suffer from the lower crowds of modern day fitba' - and the subsequent atmosphere - being lost in its size. Pre-seating, EEP was rated by many as one of the best grounds for an away fan to visit. Many still like it.

Peterhead for the halftime pint option!!

Great shout! Though I think even without that Balmoor is a tidy wee ground.

Airdrie's ground is more suited to our size. You could fit our entire crowd in one stand.

Capacity of New Broomfield: 10,171.

Capacity of EEP: 11,380.

Not sure what your point is there.

I like the majority of grounds in this league for a variety of reasons, but my favourites are Glebe Park and Station Park (even though our record there has been awful in the last couple of years). The Glebe edges it for the hedge and the soup!

It's an excellent ground and, facilities wise, it is by the best in League One by some distance. Alas like a lot of modern Scottish grounds, we suffer from the lower crowds of modern day fitba' - and the subsequent atmosphere - being lost in its size. Pre-seating, EEP was rated by many as one of the best grounds for an away fan to visit. Many still like it.

Great shout! Though I think even without that Balmoor is a tidy wee ground.

Capacity of New Broomfield: 10,171.

Capacity of EEP: 11,380.

Not sure what your point is there.

I like the majority of grounds in this league for a variety of reasons, but my favourites are Glebe Park and Station Park (even though our record there has been awful in the last couple of years). The Glebe edges it for the hedge and the soup!

Is NB that much?

Thought it was only about 7K.

Crappielow would be perfect if they'd give away fans part of the cowshead. There was always a great atmosphere up at the segregation fence. Why did they remove the fence?

Failing that, as others suggested. Putting a roof on the WDE.

Always a good atmosphere when the away supports in the shed, don't understand why it doesn't happen often, last time that happened iirc was when we got cheated by McKenp***k and the shower of shite saints. Seethe.

Always a good atmosphere when the away supports in the shed, don't understand why it doesn't happen often, last time that happened iirc was when we got cheated by McKenp***k and the shower of shite saints. Seethe.

I seem to remember Ayr fans in the shed,the time when they set off flares at someone's away ground,

There's more to just enjoying football at a ground nowadays though. Basically club's need grounds from which they can earn money other than just on matchdays 20 odd times a year. Dumbarton's single stand makes for total lack of atmosphere at matches but offers them the ability to make money from functions at it during the week.

For me, you want a decent main stand with function suites etc plus covered terracing the rest of the way around the ground. Plastic pitches also earn money for their clubs although I would far rather see football on grass.

Plastic pitches also earn money for their clubs although I would far rather see football on grass.

Erm yes, which is why Stenhousemuir are rolling in it at the moment. A plastic pitch at Cappielow would certainly fail to turn a profit and probably produce a huge loss, so naturally I expect it to become Rae's latest wheeze in the near future.

A plastic pitch will make a healthy profit if managed correctly , it's a no brainier but I suppose somebody from Greenock would have no brains and probably no job ?

Love street was a good ground & Somerset , followed in lower league circles by Elgin

It is indeed a no brainer, and fitting for yourself, to claim that a pitch that requires a major outlay and relaying at a cost of £100k a time is an automatic money-spinner, when such pitches are already widespread in Scottish towns. Inverclyde for example has lots of 4G pitches already, and as a result there is no demand for another. Many Scottish towns would generate far, far less demand for playing on a full-size 11 a side pitch than Greenock, and it would represent for their football club a pointless, white elephant.

Just because you got suckered by the same Monorail peddling shyster that has contributed to Stenhousmuir's mess, doesn't actually make your investment worthwhile. Gutted for you.

It is indeed a no brainer, and fitting for yourself, to claim that a pitch that requires a major outlay and relaying at a cost of £100k a time is an automatic money-spinner, when such pitches are already widespread in Scottish towns. Inverclyde for example has lots of 4G pitches already, and as a result there is no demand for another. Many Scottish towns would generate far, far less demand for playing on a full-size 11 a side pitch than Greenock, and it would represent for their football club a pointless, white elephant.

Just because you got suckered by the same Monorail peddling shyster that has contributed to Stenhousmuir's mess, doesn't actually make your investment worthwhile. Gutted for you.

And what was Forfar's outlay again?

It has already proved more than worthwhile for us as we were losing money like a drain through games called off via gate and more importantly hospitality.

Fair to say though that artificial pitches are not always the best way for all clubs, very much depends on their circumstances.

And what was Forfar's outlay again?

It has already proved more than worthwhile for us as we were losing money like a drain through games called off via gate and more importantly hospitality.

Fair to say though that artificial pitches are not always the best way for all clubs, very much depends on their circumstances.

Serious question here - Who owns it?

Given that the majority of the cost was met by a grant to Forfar Farmington.

Archived