Oppositions ground, who would you choose?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had a sniff of top-flight football again then I'd be replacing our main stand with either Dunfermline's or (more practical) Airdrie's version. The terrace behind the goal at Palmerston would be an improvement on the WDE, but the two main home ends are already excellent places to watch a football match.

A Polish league cage out in the pissing rain to accommodate the away fans would be a bonus.

If we had a sniff of top-flight football again then I'd be replacing our main stand with either Dunfermline's or (more practical) Airdrie's version. The terrace behind the goal at Palmerston would be an improvement on the WDE, but the two main home ends are already excellent places to watch a football match.

A Polish league cage out in the pissing rain to accommodate the away fans would be a bonus.

The WDE is cracking when the sun's out, summer football would benefit away fans in Greenock (assuming enough turn up).

Probably one of my favourite stands/terraces in this league, would prefer Glebe though as the stadium is the full package with being able to move round.

None, majority of grounds are seriously lacking, eep could do with a bit of terracing so if partial swaps were allowed I'd replace the north stand with morton's cowshed the ground would be pretty close to perfect if we did .

eep is shit

eep is shit

The terracing was decent before they demolished most of it. Was good how you could just change between having a side or behind the goal view as you pleased. At least the current one has kept a slight bit of character with the differing stand styles. North stand seems to have just had seats thrown in and a bit of white plastic stuck on the roof, keeping the original style. Far better than the classic Lego brick of e.g. Airdrie which I really don't like tbh.

I'm guessing that what makes EEP shite in your eyes is when you only have a couple of hundred away fans in the east stand (if it's open at all) and less than half the home seats filled? It's good with a decent crowd and the Norrie type stands give a good view as they rival Tynecastle for steepness. And that's before mentioning the Stephen's bridies!

All red seats though, why? (that said, black and white at St Mirren looks rather tacky for whatever reason).

Eta: Better add my choice and if Galabank can get a mention so far then it's Claggan Park, Fort William for me seeing as they're in the pyramid setup. The weather might be grim much of the time but the ability to pay to get in (although the cheap skate option is open) and then walk through a gate into the social club beer garden (which is outside of the ground as far as the law is concerned), just a few feet from the pitch is unrivalled in Scottish football. Great views of Nevis from it too... when you can see it that is. It also has what I saw to be a hedge btw, albeit a coniferous typical garden type one rather than beech. Shhhhh though.

In our division, then probably Stair Park as it's the most 'Glebey'. On the other hand, if travel is a factor then it's Peterhead hands down!

does the Wee Dublin End not just need a roof really?

does the Wee Dublin End not just need a roof really?

Going forward, probably. But on the few occasions where's been open to home fans out of necessity it's always been a glorious day, and there's something quite special about standing near the top of the WDE with a tremendous overlook of the ground bathing in the sun. Shame it's so rare we get to do it. I think a roof would take something away from that.

No, as it's in theory still set up as bench seating rather than being a full terrace with barriers.

I always assumed that the benches were just drilling and fixed onto the existing terracing and could therefore easily be removed with barriers re-installed.

What would/could Morton do with the other end? (Sinclair St?)

WDE is great assuming it's sunny and not rained for weeks. Can still be a sunny day but your feet can be soaked due to build up of rain between the benches. Trenchfoot ahoy.

`

Sunshine spoils the fun for the rest of us though. Pishing hailstones is best.

Archived