Oppositions ground, who would you choose?

Inspired by the Alloa fan suggesting Rangers and Glasgow Warriors switched grounds, I thought who would you like to, within the SPFL like to witch grounds with?

Personally I quite like Palmerston, the stand along the side where the away fans sit gives you a good view and an ideal replacement for those who want to sit rather than stand and the main stand for fans standing behind the goal looks quite big and when full, good for an atmosphere. So if your ground was not available, where would you like your team to go?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we already have your goalposts we might as well have the rest, so - Somerset.

*Insert Bill Barr joke*

Stair Park, Somerset is better than the lot though

Really? Like Stranraer to go to as it's a different route and a good laugh, but I hate the stadium. The away end is basically someone's back garden, the home end it basically a Peterhead style terracing with a roof and the good side bit has been replaced with proper seats, which limits the hoards of fans that congregated in there. Plus the main stand is tiny.

*Insert Bill Barr joke*

Really? Like Stranraer to go to as it's a different route and a good laugh, but I hate the stadium. The away end is basically someone's back garden, the home end it basically a Peterhead style terracing with a roof and the good side bit has been replaced with proper seats, which limits the hoards of fans that congregated in there. Plus the main stand is tiny.

stranrear have no #banter

I know it requires some TLC but I love the old fashioned feel of Somerset , I big ground with good terracing , and one of the best playing surfaces in the country , my favourite game there was 3-6 v Stranraer .. Mon the blues ...

I know it requires some TLC but I love the old fashioned feel of Somerset , I big ground with good terracing , and one of the best playing surfaces in the country , my favourite game there was 3-6 v Stranraer .. Mon the blues ...

Good terracing? It's not, far too shallow behind the goal and along the side it's neglected and no good 90% of the year where a basic thing like a roof is required.

In this league it has to be Glebe Park. Such a well looked after wee ground, plus you can look at some fields.

Further afield I like Fiorentina's grond. A bit like Central Park. But in Tuscany. With nice wee coffee bars. And some netting instead of a fence.

Have always thought Station Park is about ideal for this league, enough seating for those that want that, terraces behind both goals & enough covered area if the weather is not so good. Had the car down the other week & the parking is a bit of a lottery & although did not use that time having the social club onsite for those having a drink it has everything required.

Archived