The Greenock Galacticos @ The Brechin Bumpkins

I've been impressed by Brechin this season. I'm not surprised they're in the mix. The new players have made us better, and we'll see if we'll be good enough on Saturday.

We had a really slow start , but once we stopped giving away stupid goals at crucial times we found a bit of consistency which has earned us our wee run. Too many silly draws at the start of it though or we could have been right in the mix.

I have honestly been a bit surprised that Jim Duffy has turned your fortunes around. With us he struggled to come to terms with the extra work involved in managing a part time side , but he seems happier at a full time club with people to help with the admin side.

It looks like being a close run in. Hopefully we can pick up points from our games in hand and stay up there.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a really slow start , but once we stopped giving away stupid goals at crucial times we found a bit of consistency which has earned us our wee run. Too many silly draws at the start of it though or we could have been right in the mix.

Taking the timing of goals out of the equation, it seems pretty clear that your good form is down more to conceding fewer goals in general. The scoring has been consistent (4-8-6-6-7-7 on a monthly basis), but conceding only 5 goals in the last 2 months is the biggest difference (as opposed to conceding 14 in Oct/Sept).

Taking the timing of goals out of the equation, it seems pretty clear that your good form is down more to conceding fewer goals in general. The scoring has been consistent (4-8-6-6-7-7 on a monthly basis), but conceding only 5 goals in the last 2 months is the biggest difference (as opposed to conceding 14 in Oct/Sept).

If we could tighten our defence in a similar manner, we'd run away with the league. Sadly we have quantity rather than quality in that department, although Duffy could get round that by actually playing our best players.

Surprised Brechin are favourites for this game. Although enjoying an eleven game unbeaten run, their home record is only slightly better than the bottom three. Only four of the eleven games have been at home, two narrow wins against the bottom two and two draws.

With all due respect to Brechin, I just don't see them outscoring us. :)

If we could tighten our defence in a similar manner, we'd run away with the league. Sadly we have quantity rather than quality in that department, although Duffy could get round that by actually playing our best players.

What combo would you play then? Kilday, Lamie, O'Ware Russell seems to be our best defensive option at the moment in my opinion

Surprised Brechin are favourites for this game. Although enjoying an eleven game unbeaten run, their home record is only slightly better than the bottom three. Only four of the eleven games have been at home, two narrow wins against the bottom two and two draws.

14 unbeaten in all competitions!! 8)

You never mentioned the convincing victories against the 1st and 2nd place teams . Away from home granted, but convincing all the same.

What combo would you play then? Kilday, Lamie, O'Ware Russell seems to be our best defensive option at the moment in my opinion

That's probably our best back 4. I really wish we had competition for Kilday, he's been poor for weeks, and I'm sure the only other player we have that can play right back is O'Ware, who is probably our best centre half.

That's probably our best back 4. I really wish we had competition for Kilday, he's been poor for weeks, and I'm sure the only other player we have that can play right back is O'Ware, who is probably our best centre half.

Craig Knight maybe in with a shout? Agree with your view of Kilday, he's been rank for the past few games. Seems to get off lightly compared to the criticism some other players get.

Our attack makes me want to go on Saturday but the defence makes me want to stay at home :lol:. Hopefully cutting out silly mistakes has been focused on over the last couple of weeks as we certainly have a great strikeforce but the defence is worrying.

A very crucial point in our season is on the horizon. I think the phrase "Striker's win you games, defender's win you titles" is quite appropriate and hopefully the defence cuts out individual error's and win us the league, provided Peaso, McManus and Caldwell keep scoring.

In January, Brechin conceded the fewest but we scored the joint most. Facts which don't really help in making a prediction at all. The best kind.

(Should be a good game, I'm more worried about this one than I have been for any Dunfermline game)

I'm far from confident about Saturday but If you fancy our chances I'd suggest a Morton/Hibs double. £10 would return about £80.

Craig Knight maybe in with a shout? Agree with your view of Kilday, he's been rank for the past few games. Seems to get off lightly compared to the criticism some other players get.

Our attack makes me want to go on Saturday but the defence makes me want to stay at home :lol:. Hopefully cutting out silly mistakes has been focused on over the last couple of weeks as we certainly have a great strikeforce but the defence is worrying.

A very crucial point in our season is on the horizon. I think the phrase "Striker's win you games, defender's win you titles" is quite appropriate and hopefully the defence cuts out individual error's and win us the league, provided Peaso, McManus and Caldwell keep scoring.

Knight isn't ready yet, needs to bulk up about before getting involved in first team games, in my opinion. Tennent from the development squad plays right back as well as centre half I'm sure, he could be in with a shout if he continues to impress.

I'm far from confident about Saturday but If you fancy our chances I'd suggest a Morton/Hibs double. £10 would return about £80.

I was just thinking of Hibs earlier when I heard McCulloch was out.

And if Hibs do the business on Friday, depending on what team Duffy names (usually about 2.30), there's also the option of taking the 'cashout'.

Which was game number 15. So stating that Brechin were 14 games unbeaten in all competitions was quite correct......

YOU FUCKING IDIOT :rolleyes:

Nope, in all competitions, Brechin are currently zero games undefeated, a record on a par with that of perma-diddies Ayr United.

It would be like claiming Morton have been on a winning run of 20-odd games because we did that in 1963-64.

We're not on a long winning run though, just like Brechin aren't on a long unbeaten one.

Back in your box you fucking idiot.

If you're feeling very, very ambitious; a Hibs to win and Morton to win -1 returns £158 from £10. Our defence may not allow that to happen though. A -1 for both Hibs and Morton returns £302.

EDIT: BTTS and Morton to win is 7/2 with Paddy Power. That's decent value.

Nope, in all competitions, Brechin are currently zero games undefeated, a record on a par with that of perma-diddies Ayr United.

It would be like claiming Morton have been on a winning run of 20-odd games because we did that in 1963-64.

We're not on a long winning run though, just like Brechin aren't on a long unbeaten one.

Back in your box you fucking idiot.

Think you'll find we're 11 games unbeaten in the league you weegie clown.B)

Archived