The Greenock Galacticos @ The Brechin Bumpkins

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brechin, Stranraer and Peterhead are the next 3 games for Morton. Last time around we managed to take 1 point out of 9 from the same fixtures - a last minute penalty earning the point. If we do the same this time around, we can forget winning the league.

Would be delighted with 7 out of 9. Concerned though, as we still have the same dodgy defence we've had all season.

Agree that 7 out of 9 is a must if we want to win this league.

Brechin are on a fantastic run but we should be full of confidence going up there and hopefully the free week has allowed Lamie, Pepper, Scullion and the McLuskey brothers more time to recover/get fit.

Cant see us going 4-3-3, more likely 4-4-2 so one striker will be disappointed on Saturday.

Dont agree with it, but can see him lining up;

Gaston.

Kilday Oware Lamie Russell.

McKee Miller Forbes S.McCluskey.

Peaso McManus.

Subs.

Nico.

Crighton.

Milojevic( Is he still suspended?)

Pepper.

J.McCluskey

Scullion

Caldwell.

He'd be mad to drop Caldwell. I think he could play behind Peaso and McManus.

I reckon we'll see McManus in his hugely ineffective wide role, with that asymmetrical formation including Caldwell & Peaso up top. Something like this maybe:

B9fXBOAIUAAhxQZ.png

Not happy with the 2 centre backs, and obviously O'Ware could move back into defence (and we might even see a dramatic return for Milojebombscare), but Duffy liked moving McManus out wide and hates playing sensible formations, so...

Will be interesting to see if he finds a place for either of the McCluskeys. He shouldn't, but he might.

ETA: Forgot about Lamie. Would have him ahead of Crighton, obviously.

This season has that 2005 feel about it I think !

I think you're getting ideas a little above your station. With our superior attacking force I'd be embarrassed to have this game Jim Duffy'd in any way. Comfy win and bumpkins back in their box I think.

Pre-emptive seethe seems to be a tactic among the embittered Angus diddy outfits. Probably the only credible one they've got left tbh.

The only seethe I have seen on here is when the diddy fans continually rip you apart and you have no answer other than resorting to insult . .........or the verge of tears deflections !!

Saturday will tell who the real diddys are ............The ones who have had to try and buy success as a last resort , or the ones who had faith in the players they had . It will be tight but interesting to see which one breaks first .

Archived