Queen of the south v Falkirk

QosLoyal

Good luck Falkirk in the semi. Lottery of a game, spoiled by the gale. As predicted we lacked punch in attack- no disrespect to the young boy who had to be put on by the end.

Unless Hampden is turned into a placcy surface, you may struggle to play your stuff there as well. Football was not the winner last night- except the goal which was neat.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreadful conditions made that an awful spectacle but who cares? Winning is the only thing that matters here.

One piece of genuine quality for the goal by Leahy's volleyed cross and Sibbald's deft header won that. Completely out of place compared to most of the general play that proceeded and followed it but that's football for you.

Queens really didn't look like scoring at all after that. Absolutely no idea what to do with the wind at their backs so what pressure they did muster never threatened to produce goal scoring opportunities. Very poor tactics from them second half and obviously has to be depressingly frustrating for home supporters to watch.

Time to put the feet up and see how the other QFs unfurl.

Playing into the wind was much easier last night, I think shoot on sight should have been the policy adopted by both but don't think either team took a shot from distance. Very poor stuff from both teams but the Falkirk fans can be comforted by a semi final appearance.

We have played what could be what could be described as "route one football" in one game this season - against your hammerthrowing neighbours.

And having googled it, Peter Houston is Falkirk's manager. I don't pay too much attention to the diddy leagues. Hopefully we get Falkirk in the semis as it's likely to be the easiest draw.

It would be pretty embarrassing for you to lose to a championship team right enough, hope for your own mental health that doesn't happen.

Falkirk have some cup record over the past five to ten years.

This was highlighted on our journey back up the road last night. Some fans will disagree with me but over the last few years we have been spoiled. I know fans who have been following us for years and barely seen any semi finals before 97. For teams like us it's still the holy grail

Same young team that chucked a rock at our bus before sprinting off? It's cute this wee rivalry your lot seem to be trying to manufacture.

It's not unique to you, so don't feel honoured. Unfortunately these events have been happening too regularly recently. At the St Johnstone game there was a pre-match scrap organised! I use the 'young team' loosely as some of the boys among them take it badly to being accused of these things and push the blame elsewhere. Although if they are aware of the culprits and don't have a word with them then they are hardly helping the cause. The fact they launched bricks at your coach isn't a surprise sadly. The sooner these numpties piss off the better.

It's not unique to you, so don't feel honoured. Unfortunately these events have been happening too regularly recently. At the St Johnstone game there was a pre-match scrap organised! I use the 'young team' loosely as some of the boys among them take it badly to being accused of these things and push the blame elsewhere. Although if they are aware of the culprits and don't have a word with them then they are hardly helping the cause. The fact they launched bricks at your coach isn't a surprise sadly. The sooner these numpties piss off the better.

They are silly wee boys who think they can hide from things at the football .

We have played what could be what could be described as "route one football" in one game this season - against your hammerthrowing neighbours.

And having googled it, Peter Houston is Falkirk's manager. I don't pay too much attention to the diddy leagues. Hopefully we get Falkirk in the semis as it's likely to be the easiest draw.

Hope Rovers beat you, more fans, bigger crowd, better atmosphere.

I watched about 40 mins of the game last night, taking in the main things I wanted to see and I dont think the tv cameras fully showed how bad the wind was...

I've also realised I'm portugal if the semi is the Saturday, still don't know if I feel that's good or bad....Will be some Sunday if it's the Sunday, I arrive back 11.30am

I watched about 40 mins of the game last night, taking in the main things I wanted to see and I dont think the tv cameras fully showed how bad the wind was...

I've also realised I'm portugal if the semi is the Saturday, still don't know if I feel that's good or bad....Will be some Sunday if it's the Sunday, I arrive back 11.30am

Hope you get to Hampden for half time only to see it completely fall apart in the second half against Hibs tbh.

You do know that Leigh Griffiths doesn't play for you any more don't you?

You do know that Tim Clancy, James McPake and Ryan McGivern don't play for us anymore, don't you? Therefore the odds of Falkirk going 3 up on us and a Leighonel bail-out being needed are slim to none.

You do know that Tim Clancy, James McPake and Ryan McGivern don't play for us anymore, don't you? Therefore the odds of Falkirk going 3 up on us and a Leighonel bail-out being needed are slim to none.

Very true, couldn't possibly imagine Falkirk scoring 3 against Hibs this season! :rolleyes:

Shite game but one of the best away days I've had in a long time. Also, worth noting it's the second time in 3 years we've made it to Hampden without playing a Premiership/SPL team.

Yeah, good point, we've struggled with Hibs this year to be honest.....

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

If your two draws were to have somehow gone to extra time we all know what would happen.

Very true, couldn't possibly imagine Falkirk scoring 3 against Hibs this season! :rolleyes:

Did Falkirk go 3-0 up? Point null.

Same as before, wouldn't mind going into extra time in a semi final against Falkirk with the score at 3-3.

If your two draws were to have somehow gone to extra time we all know what would happen.

Did Falkirk go 3-0 up? Point null.

Same as before, wouldn't mind going into extra time in a semi final against Falkirk with the score at 3-3.

2 draws? We've beat you twice this season and in the 3rd game had the game carried on we'd have likely added a 4th goal to make it 3 in a row.

I'd love a crack at Hibs at Hampden.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Archived