First Game you ever played!

wellboy1991

Just as an aside to the Last Game you played, can anyone remember the first computer/console game you played??

I can, was Chuckie Egg on the Spectrum 128k back on Xmas Day 1983!!

I was 7 year old and my first ever computer system, took about 45mins to load and that was me hooked.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really don't know but I remember the day the Ps1 arrived in the house. Crash Bandicoot, Fifa 96 and something else. Must have been 1995/96, not bad going as I was born in 1993. Was annoyed I couldn't have a shot at Fifa as my parents and sister were hogging it playing Crash but eventually I realised that was some game also. Think my first game was Brazil vs Valletta just so I could win.

Could have been playing the Sega Mega Drive before then (what a console, still got it but lacking games). Spend many an hour on they games.

I do remember when the Ps2 was bought - anyone remember Red Card? Basically a free for all where you could fly kick the referee etc.

Could have been Paper Boy and a mates spectrum or either Golden Axe and Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the Master System.

After years of playing Golden Axe on the master system, megadrive and arcade I could complete it with the highest rank fairly easily. Still have never completed Alex Kidd though must have tried hundreds of times when I was wee. Keeping meaning to go back and try it again.

One of those wood-panel boxes you plugged into the TV that let you play about a dozen variants of Pong, and I used to have a load of the old Nintendo Game & Watch handhelds. Might not have been the very first one I ever played, but the first Spectrum game I remember playing was Gulpman:

I've posted this before, and it came a bit later, but someone made a tremendously accurate Flash version of the classic Grandstand handheld BMX Flyer, which will set off the nostalgia alarm for some of you, I'm sure: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/497410

Pretty sure my first was either Joe Blade or Jet Set Willy on the old 48k.

I still remember the joy and excitement a 6/7 year old me felt when my dad brought home an Amiga 500 that came with (among other games) Bart Simpson vs The Space Mutants. Good times.

First console we ever had in the house was the PS1, first games were Gran Turismo, FIFA 96 and Crash Bandicoot. So played them obviously and that I remember. I'd have even 6 or 7 at the time I reckon.

I do remember playing games on my mates N64, vague memories of GoldenEye and that Pokemon arena game.

First ever game would have been The Hobbit on the BBC B at school in P5. The school had just got one PC which was wheeled round the classes. The first few to finish their work would get to play on it, with the help of the headmaster peering over your shoulder, who had mysteriously appeared :lol:

First ever on a system I owned - Punchy on the C16

It came with the C16 and was the first thing I loaded on Christmas day :D

Archived